The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
anyways looks like you guys did pretty well. Most of the people from my skool found it harder than expected!
yeah mine too - bit of a surprise after most people finding C1 comparatively easy... ah well!
samdavyson
For the histogram one I put because the class widths were not equal.

That is a load of rubbish I know. What was the real answer?

Continuous data

what were answers for the v last q. i got 12/55. dus dat ring a bell?
Reply 122
thefish_uk
I needed just over half a page! And I wondered the same thing.

Oh, and 4 marks for a question where you had to do linear interpolation THREE times? WTF!? But 3 marks for a question on the d.r.v. page for about 3 lines?

I agree, it should have been at least 6!
Reply 123
franks
But it didnt say that 45 was the next highest value below 63 !!!! It just said that 63 was the only value over 45, therefore you CANNOT just randomly go drawing it on your box plot!

Err, what?

If 63 is the only value over 45, surely that implies that 45 was the next highest value below 63...
Reply 124
joe_the_smoe
I got 93.7L

I doubt it was 20 as someone said, cos it was a lorry on a 200 mile journey so its probably not 20.

yeh i got that too
Reply 125
thefish_uk
I needed just over half a page! And I wondered the same thing.

Oh, and 4 marks for a question where you had to do linear interpolation THREE times? WTF!? But 3 marks for a question on the d.r.v. page for about 3 lines?

LOL!

That took AGES. I don't think I have seen interpolation on an exam paper before.

Has it been on?
Reply 126
yesyesyes :smile:

arrgh i spend far too mauch time on this computer ! .... no more exams until C2 tho, yey !
Reply 127
Nellz
I agree, it should have been at least 6!

did you get Q1 and Q2 being approx 60 ish and Q3 being like 69 ish
Reply 128
Featherflare

Yes. I also got 25/74 for one of them but I can't remember the rest. I think they have already been posted earlier in the thread.
Reply 129
That's the real answer.

I said that it was group data with unequal class widths.

and

sam i put that as well.

That is the best news I have heard all day.

Thanks.
Reply 130
samdavyson
LOL!

That took AGES. I don't think I have seen interpolation on an exam paper before.

Has it been on?

Yeh me and my friends stumbled across it last night and sh*t ourselves lol- jan 2004 i believe, Q5b
Reply 131
Is anyone else doing C3 and C4 later this June?

They are going to be solid.
samdavyson
Is anyone else doing C3 and C4 later this June?

They are going to be solid.

Yea i am, as well as M2 n S2
I havent pickd up my C3 book for months
Reply 133
What was the question about tha Histogram?
Ugh..looking through this thread has proven that i'm guarenteed a re-sit on the S1 paper. I don't know what happened. It just didn't go well. :frown:
Reply 135
I am doing C3 & C4...but luckily they are not on the same day
Reply 136
Hey, a few people have asked this now - that first question, what to write for 6 marks? Do you reckon its ok for each one to put
eg first one - x and y are strongly negatively correlated. As x increases y decreases therefore the coefficiant must be negative. SInce the correlation is strong the coefficient will be over -0.7 .
I also put something about the data lying in the 1st and 3rd quartiles - but i think i totally just invented that on the spot !
Reply 137
btw, wt mark do u guys reckon to get full mark + UMS?? 72/75 is that possible?
Reply 138
im37
I am doing C3 & C4...but luckily they are not on the same day

Yeah they are 1 week and a day apart aren't they?

So far I have got: C1: 100/100
C2: 100/100

And I guess I have got: M1: 90/100
S1: 90/100

===> 380

480 for an A ===> 2 * 50/100 for C3 and C4 (2 D's)

That is my master plan.
Reply 139
franks
Hey, a few people have asked this now - that first question, what to write for 6 marks? Do you reckon its ok for each one to put
eg first one - x and y are strongly negatively correlated. As x increases y decreases therefore the coefficiant must be negative. SInce the correlation is strong the coefficient will be over -0.7 .
I also put something about the data lying in the 1st and 3rd quartiles - but i think i totally just invented that on the spot !

i just said whether it was correlated or not- positively or not, and this was shown by the negative/positive PMCC.

Latest