Turn on thread page Beta

can i resit an as mod after ive recieved as certificate? watch

ReputationRep:
    just need ta know

ReputationRep:
    Nope. But you can resit until your grade is better, then take the certificate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Nope. But you can resit until your grade is better, then take the certificate.
    so can i not resit and it be added on to a2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    so can i not resit and it be added on to a2
    I don't get the question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just need ta know
    I do and yes, you can.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the question...
    i didnt get ure answer (soz no offence i know ure helping)

wot i mean is i did AS biology last year and got a crap grade. This year im in A2 and i recieved the AS certificate a few week ago. However i want to resit a module frm AS and this would change my certificate grade. Can i resit once ive already got the certificate.

i know im confusing lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    i didnt get ure answer (soz no offence i know ure helping)

wot i mean is i did AS biology last year and got a crap grade. This year im in A2 and i recieved the AS certificate a few week ago. However i want to resit a module frm AS and this would change my certificate grade. Can i resit once ive already got the certificate.

i know im confusing lol
    How did you get the AS certificate if you're doing the A2? Something's wrong there... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    How did you get the AS certificate if you're doing the A2? Something's wrong there... :confused:
    Oh wait, are you doing A2 Biology?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait, are you doing A2 Biology?
    yeah but ive done as lol

ReputationRep:
    There is a limit of one resit per module. Out of the two marks you obtain for a particular module, the highest one counts. As I understand it, resitting a module twice or more results in you having to retake the whole AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbphd)
    There is a limit of one resit per module. Out of the two marks you obtain for a particular module, the highest one counts. As I understand it, resitting a module twice or more results in you having to retake the whole AS.
    no ive only taken the mod i want to resit once but wot im saying is ive got the AS certificate but i want to resit an AS mod

ReputationRep:
    Nope - there is not really a limit. You can resit once, with no consequences. After that though, if you resit again, your first mark is void.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    Thats not what it says on some AQA syllabuses......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    no ive only taken the mod i want to resit once but wot im saying is ive got the AS certificate but i want to resit an AS mod
    Yeah - you can. It will count towards your A2. However, you cannot change your AS mark now that you've got the certificate. It is 'cashed'.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Yeah - you can. It will count towards your A2. However, you cannot change your AS mark now that you've got the certificate. It is 'cashed'.

Ben
    Surely that would mean incorporating one module twice, with different marks?

ReputationRep:

Ben
    at last the answer i wanted ta hear
    thx but its complicated how they work it out and add it to A2

ReputationRep:
    Hold on - its just clicked. Sorry! (PS message for Ben - go to bed, Dr Winterrrrrrr)

ReputationRep:
    Surely that would mean incorporating one module twice, with different marks?
    i think they just add any extra marks u gain frm the resit onto the a2 points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    i think they just add any extra marks u gain frm the resit onto the a2 points
    Look on the aqa JCGQ website. There have been some changes:

www.jcgq.org.uk/Publications_and_Common_Docs/03_13_Change_to_re-sit_rule.pdf

Ben

ReputationRep:
    Look on the aqa JCGQ website. There have been some changes:

http://www.jcgq.org.uk/Publications_...e-sit_rule.pdf

Ben
    k thanx

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.