Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You know those ringtone texts and the live8 texting system, where you pay £1.50 for a text? How do you go about setting up a texting system like that? Anybody know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    You know those ringtone texts and the live8 texting system, where you pay £1.50 for a text? How do you go about setting up a texting system like that? Anybody know?
    I don't...

But it probably requires money and more than just a phone to receive the texts.

ReputationRep:
    True...., i think you need to speak to some mobile operating company..., you pay them i think, or what you could do is.., if your thinking of have a business then you could charge people e.g. £2.00 for wat eva..., and 50p goes to the operator and you get £1.50 get it?? But i think it is a lil time consuming and possibly costly too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i think o2 sponsored the live8 texting service. Some student radio stations have it, so it can't be that expensive! but they don't charge extra for the texts. I guess I'd have to have a contract with a network operator

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.