OCR Physics B Friday 10th Watch

This discussion is closed.
Reloaded
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Resitting 'physics in action' tomorrow (friday).
What examples would anyone use for the section C questions?
I would use, Material = concrete
Sensor = LDR for greenhouse climate control
Image = Ultrasound pregnacy scan
Signalling = E-mail

would anyone else recommend something different?
thanks
neb_revlis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Material = Rubber composite in tyres
Sensor = Strain Guage for weight measurement
Image = Satelite image system (infrared)
Signalling = E-mail also
harry1153
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey, im doing the second module for the first time tommorrow as well and am really nervous i have kinda just given up, as have just had an exam this afternoon so only had time to revise this evening and its all so confusing, i was never really taught it properly, i just hope the majority of it is on vectors, cause that's easy, i don't understand phasors and all that at all. Oh well, hops it goes ok tommorrow, it's my Bday tommorrow as well! so it would be a nice suprise if the exam went well
hameggandchips
Report 13 years ago
I did both papers 2day (I am in year 12), i didnt think they were 2 bad, what did u think of physics in action?!
Reloaded
Rep:
?
physics in action wasn't as easy as i had hoped, but it was ok. i didnt manage to finish the last question though. i wasnt expecting a refractive index question in section C either.

the back page had a graph on it; was it an easy question? because i didnt get that far

how was the other paper?
samd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The last question was pips. 3 or 4 marks on the back page I think.

1 for drawing a line and 2 for a division (it could have been three)
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The section C for Physics in Action was the easiest i've seen in my opinion (I'm in A2 though - resits - so its probs easier overall for me anyway).
It wasn't like past section C's at all, there were calculations there and hardly any written parts.
Understanding Processes wasn't too bad either. thank god!! :p: Now i've just gotta do my last two physics A2 exams :s:
Hope everyone did well!!!!!
A.S.D
Report 13 years ago
hey r u doing the field particles magnets exc exam next week? what sor of marks do u need for a B out of 70?

its pretty hard that paper
Reloaded
Rep:
?
mine was a resit too, now ive got to prepare for a2 on thursday. its gna be a tough one and i'll be happy with a low C. physics seems to be the most difficult subject to revise for - u think u know it all but u just feel helpless in the exam
harry1153
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rmyl)
Understanding Processes wasn't too bad either. thank god!! :p: Now i've just gotta do my last two physics A2 exams :s:
Hope everyone did well!!!!!
yeah i did understanding processes too, i thought it was ok, i didnt really revise for it much cos i kinda just gave up, but the paper wasn't that hard in the end, i was so lucky wit section C questions! it was the only two things i had looked at that came up so that was lucky.
Yeah i never know how to revise for physics, once you have done all the past papers and stuff its kinda difficult
rmyl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by harry1153)
yeah i did understanding processes too, i thought it was ok, i didnt really revise for it much cos i kinda just gave up, but the paper wasn't that hard in the end, i was so lucky wit section C questions! it was the only two things i had looked at that came up so that was lucky.
Yeah i never know how to revise for physics, once you have done all the past papers and stuff its kinda difficult
i've got a little exercise book (you could use cue cards) where i've written out all the formula and important notes for each chapter/module. Thats helped me revise loads.
Lianah
Report 13 years ago
Understanding Processes wasn't too bad but I didn't finish section B :mad: , I'm a lot more confident with the Field and Particle and Clockwork Universe papers. I have English Lit Unit 6 next wednesday, it's 3hrs long, and very boring. And then I have 2.5hrs of physics the following day....yipee, not! :eek:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.68%
No (520)
72.32%

Watched Threads