Turn on thread page Beta

Your predictions? watch

I'm not letting the GCSE forums have better threads than ours.

So: what grades do you think you managed?

ReputationRep:
    I've only done 2 exams, which were German orals about a month ago. I'm hoping for AAA, but would be very happy with AAB. What do you think you've got?

ReputationRep:
    So far done Gen Studies AS level, Critical Thinking AS level, History AS level, Politics AS level and Maths AS level and a bit.

Reckon As across the board though maybe a high B in Critical Thinking. The rest am pretty damn confident about.

I have economics tomorrow, done very little revision, will be pissed off if I mess up, hoping to get high UMS for it.

I'm thinking As... but wouldn't want to sound like it's a sure thing.

Anyway, still Law to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I'm thinking As... but wouldn't want to sound like it's a sure thing.

Anyway, still Law to do.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe an A for Biology A/B maths (although I havent done C2 yet) and Bs for English Lit and Chemistry ( I hope that i get better than this but I have a sneaky feeling ill do worse - oh well retakes next year!)

ReputationRep:
    Only done a Physics practical so far. I'm thinking approx 30/40 (maybe)
    I'd be pleased with that.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm hoping for AAAA, but I'll be pretty surprised if I get an A in English given that I don't think the exams went very well My coursework was an A and that's worth 30%, and half of the first exam was good, but the second half and the second exam were nasty. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid becaise it's always hard to predict how you've done in English lit exams, but I want at least a B. I'm quite confident I got As in French and sociology, and with history, the exams went quite well, but I never found out how I did in my coursework and that's worth 30%, so if I didn't do very well in that, it might drag me down to a B. Oh well, roll on August 18th!

ReputationRep:
    Is it only me that thinks she has failed everything! Somebody reassure me!
    I thought i'd be getting AAAB this year...but after every exam i've done (finished now) i just cannot see myself getting higher than BBCD...and everyone keeps telling me to shut up! (which i agree with), but nobody believes me when i say i think i dodged them up - and, moreover, they all think i'll just get A's and B's. :eek: :mad: :confused: Help!

ReputationRep:
    from my exams this week business - A, politics - A and tomorrow economics A probably

ReputationRep:
    I've only done one exam so far, which was an AS Biology re-sit. I reckon I got an A in it, but not a high enough A to get me an A overall in Biology A-level, if you know what I mean. Oh well, a B in Biology would be damn good for someone who got a B at GCSE in the same subject... & I only "need" a B.

ReputationRep:
    I hope for AAAA, but got nasty feeling that I won't...History did not go as well as I thought it would.

There's a lot of people here predicting themselves As... I wonder if anyone ever gets other grades? Do other grades exist?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I can get AAAAB, whether I will or not is another matter. Need to revise! Plus, I haven't done any examies yet, apart from CT, which I fell asleep in so probably got a U.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I'll get the AABb I need to get with As in history and government and politics. If I get an A in economics as well I'll be ecstatic, but I still have 12 exams to go before I can pass judgement and hell of a lot more revision before then too

ReputationRep:
    Gemma do not panick. There is not much you can do now so try to enjoy your holidays (I envy you so badly you have already finished, my last exam is 29th) and wait until results day. It is realy cammon to think you have done badly, rember that your UMS marks are going to be higher then actual marks (for example in some Physic peopers we need only 60% to get an A) You are taking AS so you can always ratake anyway.

And I am hoping for AABc. My German AS was terrible (module 2, the rest was ok). I do not care much about Physic and can't be bothered to revise for module 5 so I will end up with B. Biology abd Chem should be A's (I only need C/D in remainig modules to get overall A).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    Gemma do not panick. There is not much you can do now so try to enjoy your holidays (I envy you so badly you have already finished, my last exam is 29th) and wait until results day. It is realy cammon to think you have done badly, rember that your UMS marks are going to be higher then actual marks (for example in some Physic peopers we need only 60% to get an A) You are taking AS so you can always ratake anyway.

And I am hoping for AABc. My German AS was terrible (module 2, the rest was ok). I do not care much about Physic and can't be bothered to revise for module 5 so I will end up with B. Biology abd Chem should be A's (I only need C/D in remainig modules to get overall A).
    Aww, thank you. I'm happy again Good luck with exams - nice grades

ReputationRep:
    How come all of you are so optomistic about getting A's?
    I really don't think I'll get any A's.
    I'm predicting C's in English language and history, possibly a B in media, and a D or E in philosophy (as I'm rubbish at that)

ReputationRep:
    First exam next tuesday, hoping for AAA or AAB overall. To be honest it could be anything from AAA to ABB, but I think it's most likely to be AAB *goes to revise*

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty certain i have A's in biology and psychology (hopefully some full UMS marks as well). And i probably have a high B/low A in chemistry- i didn't read the Qs very well so will retake that! German- well i haven't done the oral yet (35%) but i'll probably get a C, no lower, but probably not an A or B, i will be sooo ecstatic with a B or A.
    So overall A,A,A/B,C is what i should get, which i'll be pleased with :rolleyes:

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.