Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just come back from doing Computing, that has to be one of the easiest exams I've taken. First question: State 6 features of the system life cycle:

FADPIM: Feasibility Study, Analysis, Design, Programming & Testing, Implementation, Maintenance & Evaluation. Easy 6 marks.

Did anyone find this *very* easy?

I wouldn't be suprised if it took ~80 (out of 90) to get an A.

ReputationRep:
    I have to agree with you, both the units were BAIT!!

I had to revise for it just last night and this morning, but it was so EASY. I dont think it can get easier than this. I'm hoping for 100% . Hopefully i should be in the chance with one. I swear i could have done this exam last year in GCSE. Its basically a repeat of it, well almost.

The only question that i could have lost marks on was the one about implications on the patients (2508) - the last question. But because i had so much time i sort of continued on the extra pages, just to make sure i covered everything!

ReputationRep:
    I did both papers (2506 and 2508) today. They were fairly easy but some of the new stuff caught me out a bit. Like the last one on the first module - I wasn't 100% sure of what a multi-user time sharing system was? I just wrote it used resources (such as memory, processing power etc.) from a server and distributed it over terminals to several users.

On the second one I put Problem Definition down as one of the stages; think that is right? I saw it in some set of notes. Also with the LAN/WAN thing I struggled a bit with 2 differences - I put down LAN is over a geographically smaller region and "usually has fewer computers" then a WAN.

Also what the hell is a turnover or turnaround document or whatever that thing with the electricity bill was. I said it was similar to a transaction file o.O

Hopefully I didn't lose too many marks. And for the implications of the expert system I just listed some advantages/disadvantages in the form of what changes they will bring about in the health centre (e.g. lesser crowd).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmed)
    I have to agree with you, both the units were BAIT!!

I had to revise for it just last night and this morning, but it was so EASY. I dont think it can get easier than this. I'm hoping for 100% . Hopefully i should be in the chance with one. I swear i could have done this exam last year in GCSE. Its basically a repeat of it, well almost.

The only question that i could have lost marks on was the one about implications on the patients (2508) - the last question. But because i had so much time i sort of continued on the extra pages, just to make sure i covered everything!
    Yeah, the last question stumped me too, but I did the same thing as you, just kept writing and writing about it. I also had trouble remembering 8 proper points for Data Protection Act, but I did manage to get 12 points (not sure if 8 were valid).

I did both papers (2506 and 2508) today. They were fairly easy but some of the new stuff caught me out a bit. Like the last one on the first module - I wasn't 100% sure of what a multi-user time sharing system was? I just wrote it used resources (such as memory, processing power etc.) from a server and distributed it over terminals to several users.

On the second one I put Problem Definition down as one of the stages; think that is right? I saw it in some set of notes. Also with the LAN/WAN thing I struggled a bit with 2 differences - I put down LAN is over a geographically smaller region and "usually has fewer computers" then a WAN.

Also what the hell is a turnover or turnaround document or whatever that thing with the electricity bill was. I said it was similar to a transaction file o.O

Hopefully I didn't lose too many marks. And for the implications of the expert system I just listed some advantages/disadvantages in the form of what changes they will bring about in the health centre (e.g. lesser crowd).
    On 2508 (the module on systems life cycle) there was no question on LAN/WAN. A turnaround document is a document outputted by a computer, which is then edited manually in real life and then reinput back into the computer. eg. School register, printed off, attendance registered and then that data typed back up. It was on a past paper for a few years ago so we got taught it :P Pretty lucky.

The 6 stages was just FADPIM.

ReputationRep:
    So does anyone else remember questions from the 2508 module?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtra)
    So does anyone else remember questions from the 2508 module?
    I'll do my best.

a. State 6 aspects of the systems life cycle
    b. State 4 and describe them. (from above)
    c. What 4 things are in the user specifications
    d. Describe two purposes of the technical documentation

x.
    a. State 3 features of command line driven interface
    b. State 3 features of form based interface
    c. State 4 features of GUI
    d. ???

y.
    a. State 8 things to do with Data Protection Act

z.
    a. Name 3 parts of an expert system.
    b. What are the implications of using an expert system for diagnosis purposes.

There was also questions on: Two methods of changeover, CAD, can't think of anymore.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2005

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.