This discussion is closed.
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by xxjayx)
I wrote 15 pages, 1 and 3/4 booklets.
I honestly don't know how you could not finish one booklet, there is so much content to write about!
I am aiming for A/B, I chose the coming of 2nd world war, and the Vietnam Cartoon.
I knew abotu enough vietnam content to be able to put an answer together but what was that source saying lol
Lidka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought the paper itself was easy, though it irritated me that most of my Source questions were based on 'accuracy' rather than 'usefulness/reliability', because I find that the hardest one to answer. (I did option W and Z)

I almost ran out of time at the end - I was finishing my last sentence as we had to put our pens down. I don't think I did too well... I'll have to pull it up on the other paper. I really want an A, dammit!
mutemusic
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
hmm i thought the exam was OK i wrote 13 pages of focused writing so hopefully i'll be ok... going in with full makrs on my coursework also did good stuff for confidence but i love history anyway...

hmm apart form second paper where i always run out of time because i write too much my aims are to stay focused and stick to my times.

Love Matt xxx
zhivago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I did 12 pages and probably got 70 marks or full marks. However my writing was really untidy and I am worried that they can lower my grade.
in the end I wrote:
'Dear examiner, I am very sorry for my untidy writing. If i had more time I would do it much better'
Izzy!, you're really big headed! "probably got full marks"!! You said that for Maths as well. Urgh. Even if you think it you don't say it! Although I do agree with you, my writing was absolutely awful. I could barely read it myself, I was gonna do a note but decided against it, didn't want to seem like I was sucking up as it where. But I can understand why you did one - mine was awful too.

I thought the questions were ok. I wrote fu cking loads! Oops...I filled the booklet altogether, within the first 45 minutes, and needed 6 extra sheets, but they're double sided so I guess that's 12 pages, and however many are in the booklet? How many are in the booklet? I thought they were ok, but I went waaaaaay overboard on question one.

NSiky, I actually think 10% of it is the sources, not the knowledge! It was the knowledge based paper after all I filled it with knowledge...that I'd acquired like an hour beforehand. I'd misread my timetable for like the last 5 weeks, and had assumed all along that History was tomorrow. Imagine my horror yesterday at 6pm when I realised it was today! Argh!

Oh well, it wasn't too bad. What kind of thing did people put in their answers?

Oh, and NSiky, for the "Heil Hitler" one I think I said something about it being, um, not that reliable because it was from a "german newspaper" in the "mid 1930s", and I said that a large majority, if not all, newspapers in Germany 1930s were Nazi run. I also said that it provided very little information; it didn't say anything about the altered syllabus to teach Nazi ideologies, and that it didn't mention that only half of all boys had joined the Nazi Youth, and only 15% of girls had joined the League of German Maidens, so that in 1939, they had to make 'em compulsory. I said something about the Swing movement and the Edelweiss (sp?) Pirates too. Oh, and that the government had "ordered" them to do it, and thus, it wasn't their actual preference.
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What did everyone do for the last Weimer Question? In fact what did people do for question 8 in general?
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zhivago)
Izzy!, you're really big headed! "probably got full marks"!! You said that for Maths as well. Urgh. Even if you think it you don't say it! Although I do agree with you, my writing was absolutely awful. I could barely read it myself, I was gonna do a note but decided against it, didn't want to seem like I was sucking up as it where. But I can understand why you did one - mine was awful too.

I thought the questions were ok. I wrote fu cking loads! Oops...I filled the booklet altogether, within the first 45 minutes, and needed 6 extra sheets, but they're double sided so I guess that's 12 pages, and however many are in the booklet? How many are in the booklet? I thought they were ok, but I went waaaaaay overboard on question one.

NSiky, I actually think 10% of it is the sources, not the knowledge! It was the knowledge based paper after all I filled it with knowledge...that I'd acquired like an hour beforehand. I'd misread my timetable for like the last 5 weeks, and had assumed all along that History was tomorrow. Imagine my horror yesterday at 6pm when I realised it was today! Argh!

Oh well, it wasn't too bad. What kind of thing did people put in their answers?

Oh, and NSiky, for the "Heil Hitler" one I think I said something about it being, um, not that reliable because it was from a "german newspaper" in the "mid 1930s", and I said that a large majority, if not all, newspapers in Germany 1930s were Nazi run. I also said that it provided very little information; it didn't say anything about the altered syllabus to teach Nazi ideologies, and that it didn't mention that only half of all boys had joined the Nazi Youth, and only 15% of girls had joined the League of German Maidens, so that in 1939, they had to make 'em compulsory. I said something about the Swing movement and the Edelweiss (sp?) Pirates too. Oh, and that the government had "ordered" them to do it, and thus, it wasn't their actual preference.
omg. :eek: why am i big headed?i never said full marks for maths. I said definitely over 90%. I am just trying to share with my feelings. This is not big headed stuff at all. Everyone is trying to share with their views. This is what i ve done. This is TSR for christ sake. Freedom of speech. I dont say such arrogant things in public anyway, if they seem so to some people.
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ahhh, i dont feel well at all. I drank 2 red bull cans today. I think it is bed for health, cuz i ve read somewhere that red bull give only short bursts but then leaves you cracking.lol.
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry, I just hate arrogance, and when someone says they've definitely got 90%, and probably got full marks, you can't say, as an intelligent person, that that doesn't come across as arrogance? Even if you don't mean it. I'm just warning you.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll feel better soon. Are you gorging on it coz you're tired, because I'm ****ing knackered!
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry, I just hate arrogance, and when someone says they've definitely got 90%, and probably got full marks, you can't say, as an intelligent person, that that doesn't come across as arrogance? Even if you don't mean it. I'm just warning you.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll feel better soon. Are you gorging on it coz you're tired, because I'm ****ing knackered!
lol, well in fact, i m not an arrogant person at all. I am probably one of the shy persons in universe.lol. Whats wrong with saying 'got full marks'?. Some ppl say it also. Nothing wrong with it. It just feels happy when you ve done good in exam. I am very tired. Whilst revising, apparently i felt asleep and my head was lying on the comp for 30 mins. I ve got headache and feel absolutely ****.lol.The meaning of life is weird. We revise, we work hard to achieve something. But then we die and everything was for nothing. It is better to die.lol.
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...I think that's when you know you need to get a bit of kip. :p:
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...I think that's when you know you need to get a bit of kip. :p:
so what do you think you got for your hard work?
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Eh? I'm not quite getting ya. Is that like sarcasm or, um...But no, I'm glad someone else feels all fatigued too...I average like 5 hours sleep a night! But I've always been that way...nocturnal I guess.
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol, of course it isnt sarcasm. just a friendly talk with someone who feels **** like me.lol. can u be bothered to revise now?i honestly cant.i think i will go to bed 2day early and wake up 2moro at 5 or 6 to revise.lol.
DarK LinK
Report 13 years ago
I did this paper today. The question about the woman and the Nazi general made me think, and it clicked after the exam that it was about women being used as sexual instuments. I put something about the Socalists trying to gain the support of women, by presenting them in the worst possible way.

I wrote 12 pages, and I really rused qestion 7. It's not fair. I know it, but I don't have the time. So unfair.
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by DarK LinK)
I did this paper today. The question about the woman and the Nazi general made me think, and it clicked after the exam that it was about women being used as sexual instuments. I put something about the Socalists trying to gain the support of women, by presenting them in the worst possible way.

I wrote 12 pages, and I really rused qestion 7. It's not fair. I know it, but I don't have the time. So unfair.
lol, the poster was designed to make men feel superior and live in the knowledge that their inferior wives will have everything nice and cosy for when they get home. It my not have even been used as propaganda
king8585
Report 13 years ago
i did the bookletan 4 extra sides. i did trnprtation and bloody code. yeh i am doin ocr btw.
Tess06
Report 13 years ago
i thought the poster was aimed at middle-class women who had had tons of independence in Weimar, and saying that if they voted for the nazis cuz of the circumstances, this is what would happen....
but is it me, or does everyone else feel a bit 'bleurgh' about it? i just feel that i couldn't have done any more, but that there was so much knowledge just wasted...and that if i've messed up, it'll be down to technique....hmmmmm..
xxjayx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The poster was by social democrats, Eberts party. basically portrayng a negative image of the Nazi's, especially towards the role of women.
This, because, judging by the time period of the date of it being published is when numerous elections were taking place. This so the Nazi's didn't come into power.
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm...I doubt very much whether it was about women being used as 'sexual instruments'. It was like she was giving him head, she was tying his shoe lace! I said it portrayed women under the thumb, and this reflected the Nazi ideology that women's place was in the home, looking after her husband, and children. I said also that the Nazi was portrayed as threatening, because of the whip. And that also, he had a look of distate on his face which suggested he looked down on the women, and felt as though he was superior. I said it was obvious he was a Nazi, because of the SA uniform, and the Swastika on his chest.

However, I said that it was a piece of campaign propoganda produced by the SDP. Basically, what it was, in my opinion, was a poster, part of an election campaign, for the upcoming 1932 elections, in which the Nazis won 230 seats. I wouldn't say it was anything to do with sex...! It was anti-Nazi, as it was produced by their political opponents, who were worried about the Nazis increasing popularity, post the depression. That's what it was all about if you ask me.
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Gawd - You're lucky to have done Germany as your core content - For some reason our teacher decided to enter our class for Russia, since he thought it would be "more fun"... Anyway - it was really easy, so I'm not bothered now, but Russia is such a HUGE topic. At least with Germany you've covered some with the international relations. International relations virtually excludes Russia in 1920s and 30s, since they're too busy burning crops or starving or industrialising to be bothered about other countries - plus Russia is huge enough itself...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (52)
26.94%
No (141)
73.06%

Watched Threads