The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
zhivago
Hmm...I doubt very much whether it was about women being used as 'sexual instruments'. It was like she was giving him head, she was tying his shoe lace! I said it portrayed women under the thumb, and this reflected the Nazi ideology that women's place was in the home, looking after her husband, and children. I said also that the Nazi was portrayed as threatening, because of the whip. And that also, he had a look of distate on his face which suggested he looked down on the women, and felt as though he was superior. I said it was obvious he was a Nazi, because of the SA uniform, and the Swastika on his chest.

However, I said that it was a piece of campaign propoganda produced by the SDP. Basically, what it was, in my opinion, was a poster, part of an election campaign, for the upcoming 1932 elections, in which the Nazis won 230 seats. I wouldn't say it was anything to do with sex...! It was anti-Nazi, as it was produced by their political opponents, who were worried about the Nazis increasing popularity, post the depression. That's what it was all about if you ask me.

i said the same kind of thing...BUT, i didn't mention the 1932 elections, i said nothing about the fact he was holding a whip (even though i talked about how he was higher than her, and he was looking down on her...thought of her as inferior), but that's my problem...i know details like 1932 election, just don't think to put them in in the exam...i feel so DUMB!!!!!! :frown:
Reply 41
mmm. i just talked also about how women had experienced a degree of liberation during the 'golden age' of the 1920s under the Weimer government, tying in with how they had the same voting rights as men, and so the female vote would seem to be an easy target for the liberal Social Democrats, since presumably women wouldnt want to lose these freedoms.
Reply 42
ZsaZsa
i said the same kind of thing...BUT, i didn't mention the 1932 elections, i said nothing about the fact he was holding a whip (even though i talked about how he was higher than her, and he was looking down on her...thought of her as inferior), but that's my problem...i know details like 1932 election, just don't think to put them in in the exam...i feel so DUMB!!!!!! :frown:

Please don't feel that way!

Firstly, I'm sure that you'll be fine, whatever you put down.

Secondly, please don't make the same mistake I made last year. One of the things that I didn't realise after doing my French GCSE early was that (and I know it sounds obvious) you can't do post-mortems of exams - there's nothing you can do about, and so you shouldn't worry. What's done is done, and the papers were sent off in an envelope at 4:30 sharp to OCR.

Mulling over the answers you made will make it worse - just don't waste your Summer waiting and worrying! I did last year, and it wasn't exactly the most riveting Summer of my life!
Reply 43
zhivago
What did everyone do for the last Weimer Question? In fact what did people do for question 8 in general?

excellent choice in question eight. everyone i knew took question 9...

a) president elected by people, appoints chancellor, who is head of reichstag, elected by people by proportional representation...

that's 4 points, so apparantly i get 4 marks. i then went on to talk about article 48 i think, or something else.

b) couldn't pay reparations, french and belgian troops marched into industrial ruhr area, seized produce. workers went on strike, government prointed money to pay workers, led to hyperinflation, everyone lost their savings, stresemann recalled worthless money and introduced new rentenmark.. this was in the eyes of some another instance of germany backing down to france, e.e. the nazis. they tried to take over munich, but were easily put down by the police. however at the trial hitler and the party got national publicity, and he received a leniant 5 year sentecne in comfort, of which he served 9 months. during that time he wrote Mein Kampf with rudolf hess.

c) i said it wasnt so bad.

it had trouble in the early years due to the aftermath of war and the treaty - talked about spartacists, freikorps, beer hall putsch. later there was the depression... in which germany was hit hardest due to its reliance on US loans...

some historians think that the economic recovery experienced in the 30s was the result of weimar policies taking effect...

but the constitution was flawed, in that proportional representation allowed small radical parties to get into reichstag, and hitler was allowed to assume role of president after death of hindenburg, and article 48 was bad.

---

i should have forgot this stuff by now. damn.
i didnt mention whip etc in that nazi source
dint see it ! lol
shud have still done ok in it tho
enuf of my own knowledge backed it up
Reply 45
I did Russia.
Think I did really good because all our teacher predicted was in there!
The only one I wish I could do again is the first cartoon on LON. I got over the key points about the cartoonist believing that the LON is doomed to failure as the keystone in the bridge is missing (absent USA).
Would the examiner take marks off if I repeated myself even though I said the correct things??? (I know I said the correct things as we did this cartoon in a practice paper ata school)
Thanks
Reply 46
mullabc.02
I did Russia.
Think I did really good because all our teacher predicted was in there!
The only one I wish I could do again is the first cartoon on LON. I got over the key points about the cartoonist believing that the LON is doomed to failure as the keystone in the bridge is missing (absent USA).
Would the examiner take marks off if I repeated myself even though I said the correct things??? (I know I said the correct things as we did this cartoon in a practice paper ata school)
Thanks

no, in q1 there are no marks for quality of written communication.
Reply 47
oh good
i think it was cus' I was nervous at the beginning, but if it doesn't matter that's good
Reply 48
Don't worry I repeated myself about 50 times in the first question too....I always feel the need to reinforce the point about a million times, despite the integrity of the examiners!

Gawd - You're lucky to have done Germany as your core content - For some reason our teacher decided to enter our class for Russia, since he thought it would be "more fun"... Anyway - it was really easy, so I'm not bothered now, but Russia is such a HUGE topic. At least with Germany you've covered some with the international relations. International relations virtually excludes Russia in 1920s and 30s, since they're too busy burning crops or starving or industrialising to be bothered about other countries - plus Russia is huge enough itself...

I wouldn't actually mind doing Russia! In fact I'd positively enjoy doing it next year, but guess what, after 3 solid years of studying Germany 1919-1945, I'm doing for A-Level History? Yep, Germany 1919-1945!! What the fu ck more is there to do?!!! I'm gonna be bored crapless.
Reply 49
Oh, and by the way when I mentioned the whip in the exam, I called it a "rod" for some reason. I only thought of "whip" afterwards!
I called it a stick :frown:
Reply 51
Rod/Stick. Both as bad as each other!
Reply 52
InTeRRoGaToR
1st question was lon source and why was the league formed was the second part to it
then i answered t of v question
then comulsory one about germany...about women n children etc
last question i answered was weimar

I did exactly those ones too, I didn't think the paper was too bad this year. It was great to see everyone coming out of the hall smiling :smile:
Reply 53
yeah russia's quite good and a bit of a change to Hitler, Germany and all that
Anyone do America ?
Reply 55
Candy_Shop
Anyone do America ?

I dont think america was in ocr spec b was it?? those who did this paper would have done america as coursework (prohibition and civil rights)
Reply 56
Yeah I did as coursework. Prohibition and Racism and Injustice in the US. This paper was all about Germany, hence Germany Core Content 1919-1945!! The next one's all about Britain...snooze. How un-patriotic am I?!
zhivago
Yeah I did as coursework. Prohibition and Racism and Injustice in the US. This paper was all about Germany, hence Germany Core Content 1919-1945!! The next one's all about Britain...snooze. How un-patriotic am I?!

Dont get assy please. Look at the title of the thread 'OCR history B (modern world). Maybe YOU did the German core content but that isnt the only option. You could of done Chine Core Content, Germany Core Content, Russia Content or USA Core Content . Most of you seem to have done Germany I was wondering if anyone had done USA Core Content.

YOUR paper was all about Germany, hence Germany Core Content 1919-1945 . MY paper was all about USA, hence USA Core content 1919-1941 .

:smile:
i like the analytic way you guys break down eachother's lexus. gcse modern world history was a fascinating trawl into the mechanics of civil rights, vietnam and communism as i recall it.
Reply 59
Did nobody else do the Russian depth study?

Latest