Jaspal989
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
For my AS I got the following:

Chemistry - B
Human Biology - B
Economics - B
Maths - C

For my A2 I'm looking at a BBB prediction. I know Reading asks for 320 UCAS points, which I should get. What other Uni's ask for BBB level grades?
Maestor
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wolverhampton is another.
petzneo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Brighton, portsmouth, reading.
Tsukuyomi
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im sure kent or hull, why dont you just go to ucas
Sohail92
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pharmacy 2010

Aston - ABB in three A level subjects, including Chemistry and at least one other science subject. Additional AS and A levels are taken into account when making offers

University Of Bath - Typical offer of AAB from 3 GCE A-levels (excluding General Studies)

University Of Bradford - 280 points. Including a minimum of 100 points in chemistry (B). (Both of their courses)

University of Brighton - Typically ABB, including two science A-levels.

University of Central Lancashire - Three A-levels (A2) totalling at least 300 points, including a minimum of 100 points from Chemistry (grade B), together with at least one other science subject. e.g. BBB

De Montfort University - At least five GCSE passes at grade C or above including English Language and Maths. Minimum of 300 UCAS points including Chemistry and at least one of Biology, Maths and Physics.

University of East Anglia - 3 A levels ABB-BBB (Chemistry needed).

University of Hertfordshire - A minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff Points including GCE A Level Chemistry at grade B and one other science at A Level at a minimum of grade C. E.g. BBBc

The University of Huddersfield - 300-340 ucas points Chemistry needed.

Keele University - BBB

Kings College London - ABB-BBBb

Kingston University - 300 Ucas points

Liverpool John Moores University - ABB - BBB

Medway School of Pharmacy - BBB

University of Portsmouth - BBB

The University of Reading - 320 UCAS points

The Robert Gordon University - Grades BBB in Chemistry and one from Biology, Physics and Mathematics

Sunderland - 300-360 UCAS Points
petzneo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Pharmacy_Degree

have a look on here!
Durantula
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
To be honest, BBB is solid and you should get into almost any pharmacy school, pending interviews of course. But be prepared, your very likely to get an ABB or higher offer from Kings/LSOP/Aston/Nottingham/Manchester, if you got into those. Like i said, you should theoretically get everywhere you apply for, if we go by just your grades, but the offers you get can vary.

By the may reject thing, i mean
Ibz52007
Report 11 years ago
Hi im predicted A-ICT, B-Biology, C-Chemistry would any uni accept me ? Overall I have 300 Ucas Points Full A levels. I also have 2 AS's C-Computing and D-Physics. Thanks
Irrelevance
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ibz52007)
Hi im predicted A-ICT, B-Biology, C-Chemistry would any uni accept me ? Overall I have 300 Ucas Points Full A levels. I also have 2 AS's C-Computing and D-Physics. Thanks
You will have to ring up and ask since I don't know how flexible uni's this year with a C in chemistry.

To answer the OP: You can get into some of the higher end AAB uni's with BBB if you're good in interview and have a decent personal statement. Somebody I know managed to convince the Pharmacy admissions tutor at Bath during interview to give him an ABB offer despite being predicted BBB.
petzneo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ibz52007)
Possibly UClan ( uni of central lanchashire) they accept 300 UCAS points, for other Im not sure.

Medway will accept you on their foudation course, you REALLY need to get that C predicted in A2 chemistry to a B so that you can apply for unis like Brighton, reading and portsmouth.

Persuade your college, get your parents in if you have to, you still have time!
Ibz52007
Report 11 years ago
Problem is i really did bad in my chemistry i got a U in 1 module bringing it down to an E but im my mocks i was getting B's. So on that bases my teacher gave me a C predicted? Should i still push her to give me a B?
henna123
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SkySantosh)
To be honest, BBB is solid and you should get into almost any pharmacy school, pending interviews of course. But be prepared, your very likely to get an ABB or higher offer from Kings/LSOP/Aston/Nottingham/Manchester, if you got into those. Like i said, you should theoretically get everywhere you apply for, if we go by just your grades, but the offers you get can vary.

By the may reject thing, i mean
hi im planning to start my ps fro pharmacy..but i have noo idea how to start it! any tips?
b_shep
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jaspal989)
For my AS I got the following:

Chemistry - B
Human Biology - B
Economics - B
Maths - C

For my A2 I'm looking at a BBB prediction. I know Reading asks for 320 UCAS points, which I should get. What other Uni's ask for BBB level grades?

Keele don't have a standard offer...they take it based on individual
Durantula
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by henna123)
hi im planning to start my ps fro pharmacy..but i have noo idea how to start it! any tips?

Hi its 3.18 am so im just quoting you so i know to get back to you tommorow Ill definitely help you out. Ill pm you some pointers and once youve done a draft ill direct you where to post it up so i can look at it for ya. Itll all be good in the end!
username35227
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tsukuyomi)
im sure kent or hull, why dont you just go to ucas
Hull? Pharmacy ?? :eek3:
henna123
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SkySantosh)
Hi its 3.18 am so im just quoting you so i know to get back to you tommorow Ill definitely help you out. Ill pm you some pointers and once youve done a draft ill direct you where to post it up so i can look at it for ya. Itll all be good in the end!
ok thank you VERY muchh
akosuappiah
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Help i got c c c in bio, chemical and law AS.. i want to do pharmacy, any pointers?? Personal statement pointers too pleaseee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.95%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (37)
31.36%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.17%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.02%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.24%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
24.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.69%

Watched Threads