Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did you hear that the Government have proposed a tax on Fast-Food?

Now, personally, I think that's unfair. Just because some people are making themselves fat / obease, why should the rest of us be punished (yes, I am one of the thinner members of the world).

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    ok, i recon u want to be taxed cos you've put

Yes and I'm thin twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creativesurgeon)
    Did you hear that the Government have proposed a tax on Fast-Food?

Now, personally, I think that's unfair. Just because some people are making themselves fat / obease, why should the rest of us be punished (yes, I am one of the thinner members of the world).

:confused:
    Yeah. and just because some people would use nuclear weapons to hurt people, its unfair that they stop the rest of us from getting them!!!

I know, an extreme point, but fast food is dangerous, if eaten it large quantities.

And also, it will raise much needed money, to increase Tony Blairs Wages, and cover up the stupid mistakes in the budget they made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yeah. and just because some people would use nuclear weapons to hurt people, its unfair that they stop the rest of us from getting them!!!

I know, an extreme point, but fast food is dangerous, if eaten it large quantities.

And also, it will raise much needed money, to increase Tony Blairs Wages, and cover up the stupid mistakes in the budget they made.
    But that's up to the individual - just because they can't stop themselves eating, I should be punished?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    ok, i recon u want to be taxed cos you've put

Yes and I'm thin twice.
    It's called a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    But that's up to the individual - just because they can't stop themselves eating, I should be punished?!
    Just because they cant stop themselves from blowing up the world with nukes, i should be punished?

ReputationRep:
    how about this. you just don't eat as much fast food. i use to eat Mcdonalds whenever i could. but then they put one in my home town and it lost it's apply. so now i just have sandwitchs from the local baker, or sausage rolls. or chips.

ReputationRep:
    no, and im not fat

ReputationRep:
    Just because they cant stop themselves from blowing up the world with nukes, i should be punished?
    But we elect governments to sort that sort of thing out (yeah, yeah, I know, they aint done that either :rolleyes: ), because I can't go out and say, stop nuking eachother - I don't have that power...

But I do have the power to say "I'm not going to eat McDonalds". It's rediculous that this is what we are paying our government for.

ReputationRep:
    the moderater has spoken.

DUN DUN DER.

ReputationRep:
    I actually meant to click "NO, WE SHOULD NOT BE TAXED, AND I'M THIN". Oh, just ignore the poll... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But we elect governments to sort that sort of thing out (yeah, yeah, I know, they aint done that either :rolleyes: ), because I can't go out and say, stop nuking eachother - I don't have that power...

But I do have the power to say "I'm not going to eat McDonalds". It's rediculous that this is what we are paying our government for.
    But those statements aren't comparable.
    If you say "stop nuking each other", surely the version in the fast food case is "stop eating too much".
    You cant do either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    the moderater has spoken.

DUN DUN DER.
    ooooooooooooooooooooooh (Jerry Springer Stylee)

ReputationRep:
    ooooooooooooooooooooooh (Jerry Springer Stylee)
    lmao,

EDDERS, EDDERS, EDDERS, EDDERS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    no, and im not fat
    Wow! In depth reasioning.

ReputationRep:
    But those statements aren't comparable.
    If you say "stop nuking each other", surely the version in the fast food case is "stop eating too much".
    You cant do either.
    And what is going to affect me to a greater extent:
    1. Getting hit by a nuclear warhead?
    2. The population of London getting fat?

It has been calculated that if 8 x 10-5 g of weapons grade plutonium is inhaled and 15% is retained in the lung there would be a 100% risk of death from lung cancer. Assuming that one Trident warhead contains 4 kg of plutonium then this is equivalent to 50 million lethal doses. If 2 warheads in a vehicle were to explode the total amount of plutonium involved could be equivalent to 100 million lethal doses.

The risk of contracting cancer would be roughly in proportion with the amount inhaled. The proportion of plutonium which was inhaled as very small particles would be particularly significant.

Trident nuclear weapons contain a sphere of approximately 4 kgs of plutonium, plus HEU, surrounded by at least 20 kg of high explosives. This combination is inherently dangerous. Guidelines issued by the MoD to local authorities state that in an explosion fragments could be propelled 600 metres from the scene.
    Does that put it in perspective?

ReputationRep:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm. thats a tough one.

ReputationRep:

Why is it only London?

But both will have a negative effect on people in general.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it only London?

But both will have a negative effect on people in general.
    Didn't mean only London, it's just that this is where I have always lived, and will probably continue to do so, and the fact that London, if anywhere in the United Kingdom, will be the target for a nuclear war.

And you do realise that all these "evacuation procedures" that are being practiced are cr*p? If we are hit, London will be quarantined - and that's not a conspiracy theory - it's logic.

But back to the subject.....

ReputationRep:
    Didn't mean only London, it's just that this is where I have always lived, and will probably continue to do so, and the fact that London, if anywhere in the United Kingdom, will be the target for a nuclear war.

And you do realise that all these "evacuation procedures" that are being practiced are cr*p? If we are hit, London will be quarantined - and that's not a conspiracy theory - it's logic.

But back to the subject.....
    i agree that London will be the main target, but Liverpool will be next.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.