Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    the moderater has spoken.

DUN DUN DER.
    lol
    food shouldnt be taxed, as that will just make poor people poorer. instead, there should be an agreement making mc d's etc. offer a healthy alternative at an equally cheap price, prominently displayed. thatll shame the fatties into eating fruit!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol
    food shouldnt be taxed, as that will just make poor people poorer. instead, there should be an agreement making mc d's etc. offer a healthy alternative at an equally cheap price, prominently displayed. thatll shame the fatties into eating fruit!!
    It won't though! Don't get me wrong, I'm not targeting large members of the population: I'm targeting a stupid proposal by a stupid government. It's up to people whether they wish to get fat - don't punish me for it: I already have to put up with more "low fat" foods on the shelves that standard ones.

That in itself is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creativesurgeon)
    It won't though! Don't get me wrong, I'm not targeting large members of the population: I'm targeting a stupid proposal by a stupid government. It's up to people whether they wish to get fat - don't punish me for it: I already have to put up with more "low fat" foods on the shelves that standard ones.

That in itself is wrong.
    surely low fat food is good. noone would choose to eat more fat if they could get the same taste with a lower fat alternative?

ReputationRep:
    surely low fat food is good. noone would choose to eat more fat if they could get the same taste with a lower fat alternative?
    You have a valid point, but that is not my problem though. I couldn't care less what other people eat. If they want a low fat alternative, great - just don't shove it down my throat, and if they want to make themselves fat, then great, just stop b*tching about it.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but most low-fat food has more fat than a chocolate bar
    taxing food is wrong and shouldnt happen its like taxing air

ReputationRep:
    no, and im not fat
    Yes, what happened to "no and I'm thin" on the poll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    Maybe they will tax air one day, but I agree

(Original post by Dude)
    i agree that London will be the main target, but Liverpool will be next.
    ?

surely manchester/birmingham/etc before liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    ok, i recon u want to be taxed cos you've put

Yes and I'm thin twice.
    oh good thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    ?

surely manchester/birmingham/etc before liverpool?
    erm birmingham next

ReputationRep:
    It's up to people whether they wish to get fat
    thats not true in all cases.

Also, you have really missed the point of government proposals, aside from reducing the fatty fast food culture which is adding to obsese peoples problems, by taxing fast foods it will stop people eating as much.

For Larger people that means they will eat less and possiblly lose weight or spur them into dieting rituals

For Thin/Average people they will eat less of these foods and not get into habits that *may* lead to future obsesity problems. It also will stop the bad effects these foods have on you

So how is it not fair? All types of people benefit from it in slightly different ways.
    I cannot see your logic in thinking that you as a super thin, healthy, fit people are being punished...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    Did ya hear about the new Veggie meals? They are ready made, but have more fat in them than 'standard' ones, while being described as rubbery and tasteless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yes, what happened to "no and I'm thin" on the poll?
    It was a mistake. But i cant go back and change it. If I was a moderator tho....

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.