The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
6 weeks proper revision was plenty for me to do 6 degree level papers.
Yes
Ban_duray
Yeah it is my last ever ever ever time :/ Thankyou so much for ur advice. I always bear that in mind lol. Do u think i shud devote like all day to study? i dont know how to structure my gap year well and effectively. I knw from now till Jan i'll be focusing on my resits but do i study all day? how many hours? arghh lol soz with the overload of questions

I can only tell you what I would do which would be to devote as much time as I would if I was at school until Mid - late november and then increase it to make sure I had full revision notes/practice questions and are feeling more confident. Make sure you are very familiar with marks schemes and specifications by then too - as if you are a teacher!
Give yourself a break for Christmas and again for New Year depending on when your exams are in January but remember one New Years party isn't worth it if you have an exam in the first week on Jan you need to focus on when there isn't another chance!
Reply 23
Ban_duray
Hey, im resittin some exams in Jan for A2. Im on a gap year at the moment. With the new curriculum, teachers cant obv teach the old one. So i have to study at home and just turn up the exams in Jan. Do you think 3 month is enough? They are 3 Biology 2 Chemistry and 1 Psychology? Please let me know :smile:

It is do-able but work out a realistic timetable that works for you. Make sure that you have enough time to cover everything and to revise that over again. It's dull and repepitive but will help you get the stuff fixed in your mind.

Where you have a lot of information to remember, such as psychology, you might want to look at using mnemonics or something to help you remember the research / studies.
I'd start revising now so everything is in your head. You're going to want to do past papers as well for at least a few weeks in the run up to the Jan exams.
Reply 25

Thanks guys for all of your advice its really appreciated and i will defo take all of your points on board. This has really helped me :smile:
Ban_duray
Lol what did u end up gettin? Wat u goin to study? I hope i am a whizz kid!

I got 4 As (at AS), and I'm going to study Linguistics, which is nothing special compared to all the medics and lawyers on here, but you know. I think that as long as you revise properly you should be alright, rather than thinking that it's about the length of time you revise for. A month of really good revision is much more valuable than reading textbooks every day for three months with nothing really going in... Not that I did a month of revision either, but then I remembered basically everything from the lessons, as I could hear the teachers' voices in my head talking about each topic... If you feel that three months would make all the difference then by all means go for it, but it seems like a long time to me, and I'm sure you could do just as well with a little less, high-quality revision.
yes..they're resits so it should be easier i suppose
may I know what is the difference between revision and relearning? :')
Original post by i'm no superman
That's plenty of time! I spent a month revising for the thirteen exams I had in June and things worked out for me.

wow, that's incredible!!! I have three months left for six subjects exam. Your words motivates me that make me believe I can male it too :')
Original post by username271381
I got 4 As (at AS), and I'm going to study Linguistics, which is nothing special compared to all the medics and lawyers on here, but you know. I think that as long as you revise properly you should be alright, rather than thinking that it's about the length of time you revise for. A month of really good revision is much more valuable than reading textbooks every day for three months with nothing really going in... Not that I did a month of revision either, but then I remembered basically everything from the lessons, as I could hear the teachers' voices in my head talking about each topic... If you feel that three months would make all the difference then by all means go for it, but it seems like a long time to me, and I'm sure you could do just as well with a little less, high-quality revision.

may I know what revision technique you used? :smile:
Original post by amelia:D
wow, that's incredible!!! I have three months left for six subjects exam. Your words motivates me that make me believe I can male it too :')

may I know what revision technique you used? :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by amelia:D
may I know what revision technique you used? :smile:

That post was 12 years old so they're unlikely to answer - there really is little point digging up old threads

Latest