Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok the interview season is pretty pretty much upon us, some uni's have already started making interviews and Oxford and Cambridge interviews are only a few days away.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a whole thread dedicated to interview questions: the sort of things you get asked, and how you responded, so that other people can get an idea of what it might be like.

Please post your questions below with the following information:

University (and college):
    Subject:
    Year:

Question:
    Your answer:
    Interviewers response:

Post as many questions as you can correctly remember, but if you can't remember exactly what the question was don't bother putting it down. Try not to talk about the questions - maybe that could go on another thread.

Also maybe one of the mods could make this a sticky for the rest of the interview season.

Good luck anyone with an interview this year

Tom

ReputationRep:
    University: Brunel
    Subject: Computer Science with a year in industry
    Year: 2004

Questions:
    1. Describe yourself
    2. Why Computer Science, Why do you like computers?
    3. Discussed subjects
    4. He taught me a little lol
    5. Any other activities? Any why you chose them?
    6. Any Questions?

ReputationRep:
    Uni: Cambridge (Trinity)
    Subject: Maths
    Questions:

1. How many people in your f. maths class?
    2. Have you taken the BMO1 and BMO2?
    3. Examine answers from test taken beforehand. Ignore correct answers and correct mistakes.
    4. Look at 2 questions from the test I hadn't finished. A bit of prodding and the answers come out.
    5. Any questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Uni: Cambridge (Trinity)
    Subject: Maths
    Questions:

1. How many people in your f. maths class?
    2. Have you taken the BMO1 and BMO2?
    3. Examine answers from test taken beforehand. Ignore correct answers and correct mistakes.
    4. Look at 2 questions from the test I hadn't finished. A bit of prodding and the answers come out.
    5. Any questions?
    Aw - that doesn't sound too bad - especially as you arrived at the correct answers after prodding. That's what they want to know - not how much YOU know - but how you respond to their coaching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chima)
    University: Brunel
    Subject: Computer Science with a year in industry
    Year: 2004

Questions:
    1. Describe yourself
    2. Why Computer Science, Why do you like computers?
    3. Discussed subjects
    4. He taught me a little lol
    5. Any other activities? Any why you chose them?
    6. Any Questions?
    Haha I had an Interview there, its a total dump. If pink Portakabins are your "thing" then Brunel if for you! I couldn't understand what the interviewer was moaning on about and to be honnest I didn't care. I just wanted to get out of that cess-pit as soon as possible.

John

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.