The Student Room Group
I don't know about the teaching, but if a future employer saw it, I think Science would be a little bit more commendable.

Just my opinion though.
Reply 2
ask them?
Reply 3
BSc's are more quantitative and mathy
Reply 4
Realistically there is no difference in status between them, they're both Bachelors degrees. The difference will be in the content of the degree, especially in a subject like Archaeology. A BA in archaeology will be more biased towards social issues - status, power, etc., whilst a BSc would have a greater interest in things like scientific analysis (thermo luminescence, carbon dating etc). Both would provide you with a general background in the subject, looking at key issues and developments across time. Maybe find someone who does this degree and ask them about the units? Have you tries the Liverpool Uni forum?
Reply 5
ancientone
Realistically there is no difference in status between them, they're both Bachelors degrees. The difference will be in the content of the degree, especially in a subject like Archaeology. A BA in archaeology will be more biased towards social issues - status, power, etc., whilst a BSc would have a greater interest in things like scientific analysis (thermo luminescence, carbon dating etc). Both would provide you with a general background in the subject, looking at key issues and developments across time. Maybe find someone who does this degree and ask them about the units? Have you tries the Liverpool Uni forum?

Well no, not yet because it wasn't specifically for Liverpool- but from the sounds of it I'm going to go for the BA(Hons)... and it also advises you have a science A level which I don't so that ones safest :smile: thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending