The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
AngryJellyfish
I can see why starting it early would be a good idea in the case of Fairy Tail, since a lot of people are reading the manga so there's already things to discuss. Whereas Trapeze would probably benefit from being left until the last minute, as I doubt it would promote anywhere near as much discussion before the anime has begun.

I agree, both are quite different in that regard. I'm glad you're considering creating a thread for Trapeze. Given its Noitamina time-slot and interesting aesthetic, I'm anticipating this one. :smile:
Reply 41
making it early would mean it gets a few posts of "This looks pretty :smile:"

probably all from me :mmm:
Reply 42
AJ already posted this in the On-Topic thread, but I'll post it here too as its relevant :yes:

Kūchū Buranko (Trapeze) TV Series to Be Anime/Live-Action Hybrid

The previously announced television series adaptation of Hideo Okuda's Kūchū Buranko (Trapeze) short story collection will be a hybrid of 2D anime and live-action. 20-year-old media personality Yumi Sugimoto will play a "sexy nurse" in both the anime and live-action segments. The stories center around the various odd patients of psychiatrist Ichirō Irabu; Sugimoto's character is an assistant to Irabu. Yuji Mitsuya and Romi Paku are splitting the shared role of Ichirō Irabu since the character takes on three different forms.

For this project, director Kenji Nakamura is reuniting with his Ayakashi - Samurai Horror Tales (Bakeneko) and Mononoke character designer/chief animation director Takashi Hashimoto at Toei Animation. The television series will premiere on October 15 in Fuji TV's popular late-night Noitamina timeslot.

(Source: ANN)

Really looking forward to this - just sounds really original :yep:
I seem to have neglected putting up a list ... so here it is.

4. Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra
5. The Sacred Blacksmith
13. Kimi no Todoke: Mainly because it looks interesting and this studio gave us Eden of the East (which I actually wouldn't have watched if I just went off the promo)
14. 11eyes: The number+object/thing type name got me with 07-Ghost, and it's pretty much the same here. If the eroge aspect is too much for me it'll be dropped.
16. Fairy Tail: Need to finish the manga, but since my main laptop can't connect to the internet I don't actually switch it on, and it has the manga saved on it.
23. To Aru KAgaku no Railgun: I MISS INDEX T_T

6 isn't too bad, but I probably wont be able to watch them until closer to Christmas, or whenever I end up getting a new laptop/a Mac ... damn internet problems! I will hopefully be going home in six weeks time-ish, so will try and download as much as is out/I can then :smile: Although my priority will be on currently running series that I have to finish up.
Reply 44
:beard:did you cover a series called blue literature/Aoi Bunagaku? it was on this list but I couldnt find it in the thread :s: http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/fall-2009-v2-export1.jpg

it had a skeleton in the pic so I thought it might be interesting :yes:
Reply 45
No - I didnt realise that it was coming out this season! :shock: I'll try to source some info for it and add it tomorrow :yes:
The skeleton pic seems to be from Soseki Natsume's Kokoro, one of the six pieces of classic Japanese literature being adapted (not four as the chart says, according to ANN they're doing two more). :yes:
Reply 47
caraniel
No - I didnt realise that it was coming out this season! :shock: I'll try to source some info for it and add it tomorrow :yes:

I did something helpful for once. :proud:
Reply 48
Thanks for the heads up Vinnie-kins :emog:

Post updated - didnt take me too long to find some info for it :h:
Reply 49
dissapoining addition here :sad:
Reply 50
Oh quiet you. Its not like I have anything bad to say about it - tis Madhouse afterall :hmmm:
Reply 51
I dont really know how you could have shoved a caraism in there :erm: madhouse seem to be doing that childish looking series too:s:

and they make needless, whch I cant bring myself to watch anymore :sigh:
Reply 52
But this seems to be srsbns Madhouse which is the best kind :yep: Although as a studio they cover all sorts of different genre's (which varying amounts of success)
Having now watched the Letter Bee OVA, I'm now looking forward to the TV series a lot. Definitely another one worth picking up. :yes:
Reply 54
Ah for those that want to inflict more pain on themselves - the 1st episode of the 2nd season of Queens Blade seems to have been subbed by P-Z Subs??
caraniel
Ah for those that want to inflict more pain on themselves - the 1st episode of the 2nd season of Queens Blade seems to have been subbed by P-Z Subs??

Nobody is masochistic enough to inflict Peruna-Zing's troll subs on themselves, surely? :no: A series like this is worth waiting on SFW to release. :yes:
Reply 56
Short PV for Fairy Tail is out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPYHTLOLQZE

Lucy just sounds like a cheerful Haruhi and Natsu like GAR!Simon.......don't know if this is a good thing yet :laugh:
Reply 57
lol "Rucy":mmm:
Reply 58
vin
lol "Rucy":mmm:

Don't be mean. :mad:

That trailer was oddly hilarious, especially the ending. :giggle:
Reply 59
Matisse
Don't be mean. :mad:

That trailer was oddly hilarious, especially the ending. :giggle:

I wasnt :s: atleast I didnt say "Rushee" :fluffy: