Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I read in today's Times (5th Dec) (yeah, I got bored of The Sun) that reality TV is pointless. I bet that didn't stop them watching it. They seem to think that the state of the nation must be poor if we "want to watch people just sitting there". You agree?

ReputationRep:
    I think reality TV just shows everyone how mediocre our society can get, if you like to see people with half your IQ having sex with bimbo blondes on islands, kissing men or just sleeping you should watch reality TV.

ReputationRep:
    Reality TV was a good original idea to start with but I think it's far outlived its lifespan now. How many more series of Big Brother, Pop Idol, Fame Academy and The Salon can you possibly take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    Reality TV was a good original idea to start with but I think it's far outlived its lifespan now. How many more series of Big Brother, Pop Idol, Fame Academy and The Salon can you possibly take?
    Reality TV is a lazy concept. All the production companies have to do is film and edit.

Its apparant popularity baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Reality TV is a lazy concept. All the production companies have to do is film and edit.

Its apparant popularity baffles me.
    I think you'll find that there is much more production-wise to be done than you think.

But yes, it can be lazy TV

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.