Edexcel History A Modern World Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dragonshorts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
btw, how do u make quotes show up in the boxes? I can sometimes do this but couldnt make it work for previous post...
Bastiat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rico dan man)
i think i did really really well, i think i gained marks on the 15 and 10 mark questions. i thought the question about relations up to 1990 was a very easy question but i was a bit confused about the cold war between 1949 - 56, i wasnt sure to included the berlin air lift but i did anyway. most of the exam was straight foward and easy.
The Berlin Blockade was in 1948, so it should have been in that 15 mark answer for the Superpower Relations - wasn't it one of the stimuli in the 'scaffolding'?
asadtamimi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i was happy the scandal cameup i reckon i got 5 out of 5 for nixon resigning and 6 out of 7 for the effects - this is what i wrote:

- The watergate scandal had lashing effects on us politics up to the years 1980

- many members of the public were left distrustful of the government and many were shocked that the president could tell such blatant lies

- there was widespread voter apthy - only 14 million voted in the next election and there was demand to devolve and restrict the power of the president

- the freedom of information act made it easier for hte public to gain governmental documents and it was decided more people would be in congree

- other acts restricted the personal use of the federal funds by the pres and said that he couldnt commit troops abroad for a period of over 90 days without prior permission from congress

- the scandal allowed jimmy carter to be elected in 1979 using his "honesty ticket" pledging he wud never lie to the public

- however the damage was done and many people coupled nixons scandal with perceived failure in the vietnam war
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rico dan man)
wtf, the only thing i wrote that u did was wanting more influence on their education. the rest i wrote about a say in the vietname war, growth in pop music and stuff like that.
I wrote about those as well.
FinalFan3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We did the Rise and Fall of the Communist State and Superpower Relations. I did questions 8 and 12. Yep, it was a nice test.

A teacher told my friend there was no way that Gorbachev or the Virgin Lands Scheme would come and it. And it did!!
rico dan man
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if the berlin air lift lasted for 10 months until 1949 that still counts as 1949- 56 dosent it.
Bastiat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by asadtamimi)
- the scandal allowed jimmy carter to be elected in 1979 using his "honesty ticket" pledging he wud never lie to the public
Jimmy Carter was elected in 1976, wasn't he - here
Starsailor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jeremy)
I finished 13 pages of history, and i dont write very big or hurried either. I owe it to 25% extra time.. Piece of doddle, if 75% is the A* margin I pretty much covered everything. The Mr Tom question was a bit crap though.
Why did you get 25% extra time? I would have loved 25% extra time...

Michael
asadtamimi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by thermoregulatio)
Jimmy Carter was elected in 1976, wasn't he - here
oh sorry well i shudnt lose more then one mark
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1366)
79.7%
Leave (348)
20.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise