Question about halls Watch

devotchka_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I am moving in next Sunday and I haven't been given any information about what flat, floor, or the moving day proceedures are yet. Perhaps I'm not giving them enough time, but I was wondering, do we get posted this information, or get it on the day? I'm in Cavendish by the way.
Cooljack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've not got any for my halls, my guess was that we find out on the day. All the people who already know what flat/room they're in haven't applied through the uni for accommodation I don't think.
chilin_dude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got this email 2 days ago from mmu, I'm moving into cambridge halls so dunno if its any diff for u, theres no actual mention of the whole process tho

11/09/2009

Dear Richard,

1. Photograph and Inventory

Please read this e-mail carefully as it contains important information about your arrival at halls.

When you arrive at the hall you will be given an inventory for your room/flat. It is important that you complete this form within 24 hours of arrival and return this to the hall reception (if you do not receive an inventory upon arrival please ask your hall reception for one).

Please make sure give full details of the condition of your room on this inventory. In addition to this please securely attach a recent passport sized photograph of yourself to the inventory. The photograph should have your full name and MMU ID number printed on the back.

2. Halls Safety Talks

During the first two weeks of term you must attend a compulsory Halls Safety Talk. The talk includes amongst other things important information from the Police and Fire Service. You will be provided with details of these talks upon arrival if you do not receive details please ask at the hall reception.

3. Payment of Hall fees & Arrival Slot

If you have not yet made payment of your first instalment of hall fees or set up a direct debit you must do so as soon as possible. Please do not forget to book your arrival slot online.

Thank you for your attention to this e-mail and we look forward to meeting you upon arrival.

MMU Accommodation Office

Manchester
Super_Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm at Cambridge and I'm fairly sure we just find out our rooms on the day, so it's probably the same for Cavendish.
devotchka_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ah, yeah I got that email too. I guess I'll just have to wait for the day.
themat
Report 9 years ago
For MMU halls like Briarfields, Cavendish and Cambridge etc you have to wait until the day, you go to reception and get a little envelope with a key and a map etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 15 May '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (509)
37.76%
No - but I will (103)
7.64%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.77%

Watched Threads