?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
aa
DJkG.1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think that you get them at the end of January. They either email them to you or you have to write to them and they send you your numerical score for the MCQs. You definitely don't get them straight after the test like with the UKCAT or driving theory.

How did it go by the way?
username329981
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
(Original post by DJkG.1)
I think that you get them at the end of January. They either email them to you or you have to write to them and they send you your numerical score for the MCQs. You definitely don't get them straight after the test like with the UKCAT or driving theory.

How did it go by the way?
It was hard Probably because English isn't my first language. Hopefully I'll get an okayish score. By the way, do universities require a specific score?
Emmaleuk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got mine at the end of January. They were emailed to me. Officially I don't THINK Universities require a specific score but obviously they will use your score and other criteria in their decision as to whether to offer you a place...
LykkeS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SebK)
Hey,
I did the LNAT test a few days ago (by computer) and I was wondering where and how I could get my results? Some people told me that I would get them in early 2010, others said that I was supposed to get them just after finishing the exam (well at least the first part results). Halp!
Thanks
When I took mine I got my results by e-mail like two or three weeks later.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You'll receive an e-mail with your results on the 31st January 2010 I think. That's what everyone at my college has been told. Your LNAT Universities will have already now received a copy of your test, and will be able to calculate your results and read your essay. Most of them don't have an official specific cut off point, but usually look for an average of 16 or more on the multiple choice. There are a few that rank your application in regards to your multiple choice score, and KCL has said it is highly unlikely your application will even be considered if you get less than 10, and an unlikely chance of acceptance if it's at 15 or less. All LNAT universities use the results in different ways, so it's hard to say.
EDIT: Come join the law applicant's thread!
username329981
Rep:
?
(Original post by becbec :))
You'll receive an e-mail with your results on the 31st January 2010 I think. That's what everyone at my college has been told. Your LNAT Universities will have already now received a copy of your test, and will be able to calculate your results and read your essay. Most of them don't have an official specific cut off point, but usually look for an average of 16 or more on the multiple choice. There are a few that rank your application in regards to your multiple choice score, and KCL has said it is highly unlikely your application will even be considered if you get less than 10, and an unlikely chance of acceptance if it's at 15 or less. All LNAT universities use the results in different ways, so it's hard to say.
EDIT: Come join the law applicant's thread!
Hey,
Okay thanks a lot. So if I failed, I guess it's not possible to take it again, right? I'll join
Xanyi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SebK)
Hey,
Okay thanks a lot. So if I failed, I guess it's not possible to take it again, right? I'll join
Nope, you only get one shot. Scary stuff! I'm about to book mine.. :[
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SebK)
Hey,
Even if you could by some miracle get your results, you're only allow to sit it once each application cycle
username329981
Rep:
?
Damn. Well I guess it's going to be International Relations for me then... :P
ScireLeges
Report 9 years ago
it's pretty irrelevant but do you know when Bristol and UCL make conditional offers?
disdisdat
Report 9 years ago
I got my conditional offer from Bristol on the 20th last month. Don't know about UCL as none of my other choices were for law.
Satya093
Report 9 years ago
But what happens if you've applied to Oxbridge? You surely get your result waaaay before January? (:
paradise.kid
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If I sit the LNAT on the 12th of Jan; when will i get my results ?
The thing is, I'm applying to King's, which needs me to submit my UCAS app by the 15th
.. What do I do if my results aren't out by then ? Which is what will most likely occur ?
HELP.
mrlufc3131
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by paradise.kid)
If I sit the LNAT on the 12th of Jan; when will i get my results ?
The thing is, I'm applying to King's, which needs me to submit my UCAS app by the 15th
.. What do I do if my results aren't out by then ? Which is what will most likely occur ?
HELP.
Kings will get your score immediately and as long as you sit before jan 20th and send ucas by jan 15th you are guaranteed for them to give equal consideration. You yourself don't get the score until February (ish). Also you can submit UCAS before sitting the LNAT, but your online LNAT registration must have kings and any other LNAT choices 'ticked', or they won't receive your score/essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
paradise.kid
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,
So the LNAT results are just out and I've just got mine -
So the National Average is 21.3 and I've got a 25/42
I've applied to King's and Durham

.. Do I stand a good chance.. or a chance at all ?

Yours Faithfully,
EXTREMELY PANIC-Y :/
dawn25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by paradise.kid)
Hi,
So the LNAT results are just out and I've just got mine -
So the National Average is 21.3 and I've got a 25/42
I've applied to King's and Durham

.. Do I stand a good chance.. or a chance at all ?

Yours Faithfully,
EXTREMELY PANIC-Y :/
hey, i applied to king's college this year and was wondering if you managed to get in to KCL with your LNAT score. sorry, don't mean to pry- i'm just extremely anxious about my LNAT results!
arrowhead
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by dawn25)
hey, i applied to king's college this year and was wondering if you managed to get in to KCL with your LNAT score. sorry, don't mean to pry- i'm just extremely anxious about my LNAT results!
The LNAT is just one of a host of considerations taken into account by universities. Students with poor LNAT scores have been able to get into top universities because other portions of their applications have been very strong. Just sit back and wait, you will hear soon enough.
dawn25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by arrowhead)
The LNAT is just one of a host of considerations taken into account by universities. Students with poor LNAT scores have been able to get into top universities because other portions of their applications have been very strong. Just sit back and wait, you will hear soon enough.
thanks for the advice!
michellejaffa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey at the time that i was sitting my LNAT Durham was the only uni that i wanted to go to that required it, later on i changed one of my choices to Bristol but i didn't tick this on the LNAT website is this a problem?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads