The Sunday Times University Guide 2010 - Discussion thread Watch

T. Hereford
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Has the Sunday Times University Guide been published today in newspaper form? The league tables seems to have changed on their website so I presume it has been updated for this years tables. Has anyone bought a copy of the Sunday Times today?
jamz0770
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by T. Hereford)
Has the Sunday Times University Guide ben published today in newspaper form? The league tables seems to have changed so I presume it has. Has anyone bought a copy of the Sunday Times today?
Yeah I have. It does include a 64 page "definitive guide" pullout with their 2010 league tables
T. Hereford
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by jamz0770)
Yeah I have. It does include a 64 page "definitive guide" pullout with their 2010 league tables

Thanks. As you all know I'm obsessed with league tables / prestige of universities so this is like Christmas has come early!!! LOL

* Runs down to Tesco's Express to grab a copy!!!!! LOL
jamz0770
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by T. Hereford)
Thanks. As you all know I'm obsessed with league tables / prestige of universities so this is like Christmas has come early!!! LOL

* Runs down to Tesco's Express to grab a copy!!!!! LOL
Haha, I'm having a read now. It seems quite thorough has a profile for every university in the country.
Enjoy reading
i.am.lost
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When will it be online???
i.am.lost
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug...rsityguide.php
.ACS.
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by i.am.lost)
It's online now. It went up last night.
jamz0770
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by i.am.lost)
Its already online

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug...rsityguide.php

Prudy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh bugger. Yet another round of pre uni students wondering if they're accurate, insecure undergrads defending their institution and the age old mantra of "they're all ********" falling on the deaf ears of prestige whores. :sigh:
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh the Sunday Times league table. Brilliant. I wonderd how long it would take before someone created the thread and it's no suprise it was you, Mr Hereford.

I particularly like the head teacher ranking (who are, in my opinion, completely out of touch with higher education). Let's place a university 40th this year then 15th the next.....
.ACS.
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does the actual newspaper edition of the league table have all the extra tables, such as lowest drop-out rate, most middle class, etc.?
Codeine Addict
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Oh the Sunday Times league table. Brilliant. I wonderd how long it would take before someone created the thread and it's no suprise it was you, Mr Hereford.

I particularly like the head teacher ranking (who are, in my opinion, completely out of touch with higher education). Let's place a university 40th this year then 15th the next.....
Hope for my uni yet
.ACS.
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Additionally, I've just noticed the PDF format lists most middle class as classes 1, 2, and 3, while the most working class is from 4, 5, 6, and 7. What rankings for class are they using?

I thought it was A, B, C1, C2, D, and E?
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i thought this was already out in june...
Rooshio
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
that **** was online ages ago, I checked a month ago. get the newspaper instead
achard
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How do some unis have negative dropout rates? Do more students graduate than those who enrol?
thatwhichiam
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is it just me or do the compare and search functions not work?
.ACS.
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK)
i thought this was already out in june...
That was The Times one, wasn't it? They publish two different ones: The Times and The Sunday Times.
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .ACS.)
That was The Times one, wasn't it? They publish two different ones: The Times and The Sunday Times.
ohhhh.... this one doesnt seem to have subject tables
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .ACS.)
Additionally, I've just noticed the PDF format lists most middle class as classes 1, 2, and 3, while the most working class is from 4, 5, 6, and 7. What rankings for class are they using?

I thought it was A, B, C1, C2, D, and E?
The ABC1 etc classification is the NRS classification. It was used in market research but has become increasingly criticised.

I know that in the 2001 Census the government/National Statistics used a different system (NS-SEC).

http://www.ons.gov.uk/about-statisti...ons/index.html

I think this is becoming the standard classification. I've seen it used more often than the old NRS anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.05%
No - but I will (46)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.6%

Watched Threads