Insanely confused about dating communication (SMS, Facebook, etc.) Watch

Keraroboli Roko Rosae
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I really and truly hate these games but I don't want to loose a person I like just because I didn't play well.

What I mean is the signs of commitment especially at the beginning of the relationship (or even just while starting to date), how often to keep in touch, whether to always replicate the same way they do or even do out of our own spontaneity.

How to push and pull correctly... I start insanely panicking when I think I did something wrong or think I may have come across wrong.

e.g. She sends me very beautiful SMS on one day. I reply to her.
She sends me good luck message via Facebook next day. I don't reply to her.
She sends me another good luck message the third day, but before I can reply to her I meet her on the road and we spend the day together.
Then I send her some info via SMS and she does NOT thank me.
I send her a long "goodnight" SMS and she replies a brief one saying "see you tomorrow"... but then the next day she doesn't call me to ask when/where to meet.

I get seriously confused in understanding these games.

I don't want to sound too clingy/needy. And I don't want to sound too aloof/indifferent.

BUT HOW TO FIND THE RIGHT WAY????????
Or, in general, could you tell me what are the hints to understand whether the other person is perceiving you as needy/clingy or indifferent/aloof?
Xeren
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Woah amn, relax, you are way over thinking this. Stop stressing. You can't loose someone just becuase you didn't text back at the right time. If she's worth it, you shouldn't be playing any sort of 'games'. You sound like your quite insecure in your relationship. Maybe you should give all the technology a rest and concentrate on spending more actual time together, you know, face-to-face.
Keraroboli Roko Rosae
(Original post by Xeren)
Woah amn, relax, you are way over thinking this. Stop stressing. You can't loose someone just becuase you didn't text back at the right time. If she's worth it, you shouldn't be playing any sort of 'games'. You sound like your quite insecure in your relationship. Maybe you should give all the technology a rest and concentrate on spending more actual time together, you know, face-to-face.
Xeren, we spend PLENTY of time face-to-face, but e.g. when I have exams not much.

But goddamn I get so f-ing confused, to the point of crying, to the point of wanting to commit suicide, goddamn.

I don't even know how to call, when to call, whether to call, with what tone to speak to her, what what what

damn
damn

I have so many open questions and I don't knoow where to find any damn answer! GOD WHY CAN?T I FIND A DAN ANSWER!

i'd like to throw this whole computer out of the window and myself with it
damn it i'm so stupid

i wanna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keraroboli Roko Rosae
Why is nobody helping me?
I hate this world
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
woah your weird
sundogs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
troll
Keraroboli Roko Rosae
no guys i'm seriously confused please please please help me

come on, just an effort to help me, help me
xTazx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Keraroboli Roko Rosae)
no guys i'm seriously confused please please please help me

come on, just an effort to help me, help me
Just read through youre last few posts, and you'll know exactly hwat your problem is.

have some confidence, you come across as an over analyser to me, as well as trying hard to get someone. just have fun. and im being nice, women arent as forgiving :rolleyes:
ParadoxSocks
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have a friend who sounds just like you and he gets nowhere with girls because he thinks about everything too much. He does it with friends too and he's a complete nightmare sometimes. He eventually got an online 'girlfriend' and threatened to commit suicide when they 'broke up'.

Just let it happen. Nobody needs to think about things this much. Just talk to her like a friend and be casual instead of thinking of it as a game. She's a person ffs!
chipskylark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
chill. woah.
just do things naturally without thinking about it too much.
you're driving yourself insane.
Alpheratz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you know she wont leave you if you dont reply to a text/facebook message straight away. just do the same as you do with friends and youll be fine. and dont think about these things so much
Metropolis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hahaha you're funny man

hahahahaha
Xeren
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Keraroboli Roko Rosae)
Xeren, we spend PLENTY of time face-to-face, but e.g. when I have exams not much.

But goddamn I get so f-ing confused, to the point of crying, to the point of wanting to commit suicide, goddamn.

I don't even know how to call, when to call, whether to call, with what tone to speak to her, what what what

damn
damn

I have so many open questions and I don't knoow where to find any damn answer! GOD WHY CAN?T I FIND A DAN ANSWER!

i'd like to throw this whole computer out of the window and myself with it
damn it i'm so stupid

i wanna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How long have you been going out with her?
FiveFiveSix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, you're needy.
Blablaablaaa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
pffff.. what?
BipolarGod
Report 9 years ago
Ridiculous.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads