What's GCSE Psychology like? Watch

lil_miz_sunshine77
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
PLEASE ANSWER QUICKLY IF YOU CAN HELP!
I have to pick my options for GCSE and I'm not sure whether to pick dance or psychology because I like dance but psychology would be more useful for a job (I don't really have a career in mind yet) and I'm already doing music as a practical subject. The thing is because psychology is a new subject I don't know what it's like, and I want to know how much coursework you get. Help please! :eek:
FutureMedic!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
GCSE psychology was by far the hardest GCSE i did. There's a lot to remember, i compare it to being like an A level. But, it's alright... pretty interesting. Coursework... i dunno how much you'll get. All the specs have changed and stuff...
Terrorfication
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
pschjology is far more respected than dance which is useless unless you want to become a dancer.
lil_miz_sunshine77
the other ones I am doing are Spanish, geography and music; I don't know how hard they would be but I didn't pick dance for a career, just for fun, so it might be better to do psychology...
WhereIsMyMind
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lil_miz_sunshine77)
PLEASE ANSWER QUICKLY IF YOU CAN HELP!
I have to pick my options for GCSE and I'm not sure whether to pick dance or psychology because I like dance but psychology would be more useful for a job (I don't really have a career in mind yet) and I'm already doing music as a practical subject. The thing is because psychology is a new subject I don't know what it's like, and I want to know how much coursework you get. Help please! :eek:

If you're prepared to put the time in, knuckle-down and get to grips with the theory; then I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's rather diverse, and as has already been said, it's got several theories you'll need to remember and because of the workload, it's good practise for A Levels.

If however, you want something purely because 'it'll be more useful for a job', I wouldn't bother. Because it's demanding and you need to be interested in it - it's one of those subjects which will involve a lot of opinions/views; if you don't have any, or aren't particularly bothered - then it's not for you!
Muffin.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did gcse music too! XD lol
Anyways, psychology was definately my favourite gcse subject but it was also quite difficult and involved A LOT of memorising but it's a very interesting subject.
lil_miz_sunshine77
Yeah i thought it sounded interesting
lil_miz_sunshine77
thankyou everyone for your helpful comments!

i have looked at some other info and stuff and i think i'll stick with dance and then do psychology at A level.

=)
London271
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lil_miz_sunshine77)
thankyou everyone for your helpful comments!

i have looked at some other info and stuff and i think i'll stick with dance and then do psychology at A level.

=)
NO! You should have picked Psychology! I will admit at first it will be hard, however you will do well in it and once you have finished the GCSE A Level Psychology will be so easy for you as you will know a lot of the stuff as I found GCSE Psychology was a watered down version of A Level. (This is providing you take AQA)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (534)
37.82%
No - but I will (110)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (672)
47.59%

Watched Threads