Give me a load of places to apply to... (+REP) Watch

Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm too lazy to think of a list myself (and I'm busy redoing my CV) so I'd like the people of TSR make their suggestions. I don't ask and not give anything in return though... The best list will recieve 105 rep points! :woo:

Jobs I'd like:

Places like Topman, Retail Supermarkets, Retail in general cool places...
FinalFlash
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well lately i've been seeing all the old Woolworths stores being turned in to Wilkinson stores and they've been recruiting quite a lot

Also at the moment many stores are recruiting for christmas, stores such as game,peacocks,boots,river island, republic etc. (most of the general shopping centre stores).

I did see some Krispy Kreme vacancies the other day :curious:....And also primark in Oxford Street.

edit: Boots is apply online only, as is sainsburys, Marks and Spencers. Also using the Jobcentre site is quite benificial
gyyy2807
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tesco
Sainsbury
Morrisons
Asda
Topman
Primark
HMV
Boots
Superdrug
Debenhams
Currys
PC World

just basically any store on the high street

and football clubs / rugby clubs, etc.
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
TBH, you will have the best success from Gumtree jobs. Just check their retail section, it's where I got the most job interviews, and there were loads of places to apply to!

Also, try Debenhams, they seem to be open to giving people without experience a chance.
Nick_000
Rep:
?
(Original post by kat2pult)
TBH, you will have the best success from Gumtree jobs. Just check their retail section, it's where I got the most job interviews, and there were loads of places to apply to!

Also, try Debenhams, they seem to be open to giving people without experience a chance.
Should have mentioned I have 5 years work experience in Retail and also in Bars/Clubs. Need a new job because I'm relocating.
ajayhp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
engineering in a a garage
kexy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nick_000)
Should have mentioned I have 5 years work experience in Retail and also in Bars/Clubs. Need a new job because I'm relocating.
With good experience in retail why don't you try applying to somewhere a bit more upmarket than just your regular high-street stores?

Where are you moving to? Can you commute?
Nick_000
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajayhp)
engineering in a a garage
I'm not practical in an engineering sense. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find the button to open my bonnet a few days ago :o:

Yes, I know; :getmecoat:
Nick_000
Rep:
?
(Original post by kexy)
With good experience in retail why don't you try applying to somewhere a bit more upmarket than just your regular high-street stores?

Where are you moving to? Can you commute?
I was thinking of this. Might apply to a few upmarket stores/hotels. I don't really need to commute bacause I'm moving to a big city anyway but I can drive and have my own car which I know many employers like.
kexy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nick_000)
I was thinking of this. Might apply to a few upmarket stores/hotels. I don't really need to commute bacause I'm moving to a big city anyway but I can drive and have my own car which I know many employers like.
I worked at Harvey Nichols for a while and I loved it! Excellent pay and it looks fantastic on your CV.
WhereIsMyMind
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
Orange - recruitment drive has started for seasonal work - Online Applications
Sainsbury's - recruitment drive has also started for seasonal work - Online Applications
Tesco - I believe recruitment for seasonal work hasn't started yet - In-store Paper Applications
Debenhams - recruitment drive has started for seasonal work - Online Applications
Primark - continually hiring - In-store Paper Applications (including CVs)
Arcadia Group - occasionally hiring - Online Applications
Vodafone - occasionally hiring (our local is hiring however..) - Online Applications
Boots - recruitment drive has started for seasonal work - Online Applications
HMV - (I believe) recruitment drive has started for seasonal work - Online Applications
DGSi Group - occasionally hiring - Combination of In-store Paper Applications (and Online Applications)
B&Q - regularly hiring - Online Applications
Superdrug - recruitment drive has started for seasonal work (complete in my area afaik) - In-store Applications
KFC - regularly hiring - Online Applications (some stores accept CVs)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads