Enrolment Watch

spacecowboy_89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What you will need to bring to enrolment

If you do not bring all of the items listed below it will mean that we cannot complete your enrolment. You must bring the original documents and, please also bring a photocopy, of each document, for our retention.
-Identity documents - birth certificate or passport
-Proof of all qualifications claimed
-If your first language is not English you must provide documentary evidence of the language level you have achieved i.e. IELTS or TOEFL certificate
-4 passport photographs
-the letter or email ‘Instructions for joining your course’, to gain entry to the building
-the full payment of the fees due for the course

I sent them my qualifications in the post months ago to the HE admissions department. Granted, I only posted them photocopies of the results, but I never did receive any word that they had got them. So do I have to bring my exam results to enrolment again? I ask because I have no certificate of my GCSE results, yet I do have several for AS/A Level results.

It also states that a photocopy of each document is necessary. I take it that I just photocopy the passport page with my picture on and details. Additionally, is a photocopy of 4 passport photos even necessary?

Thanks for any help.
spacecowboy_89
Rep:
?
No worries, done and dusted now. They didn't even need to see my GCSE results; great news really as I don't have any certification of them!

Looking forward to the course.
Aiko
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spacecowboy_89)
No worries, done and dusted now. They didn't even need to see my GCSE results; great news really as I don't have any certification of them!

Looking forward to the course.
I didn't notice your thread until just now, but I'm glad to read that you've sorted everything out. Generally, the university won't really care about your GCSEs because you've undergone A-Levels, which is a higher qualification.

Good luck with the course and I hope your time at LCC and the UAL will be a good one. If you could possibly send a quick PM at some point detailing how everything is going, I'd be interested. :smile:
spacecowboy_89
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matisse)
I didn't notice your thread until just now, but I'm glad to read that you've sorted everything out. Generally, the university won't really care about your GCSEs because you've undergone A-Levels, which is a higher qualification.

Good luck with the course and I hope your time at LCC and the UAL will be a good one. If you could possibly send a quick PM at some point detailing how everything is going, I'd be interested. :smile:
I will certainly do that.

Apparently in our first week we're going to visit the BFI, amongst other things, which should be pretty exciting.
adamkang
Report 9 years ago
hi, did you need the 4 passport photographs and did u need to photocopy ur passport?
thanks
spacecowboy_89
Rep:
?
Yes you need 4 passport photos and you do need a photocopy of your passport (obviously only the page with your picture on and birth details).
adamkang
Report 9 years ago
thanks
Buckinghamshire
Report 9 years ago
Looking at the list you posted at the top of your message I agree completely but you forgot to put the fact that you will need to photocopy all the certificates you have so that they can keep copies and also bring the real ones aswell as proof (which you can take back home with you) the sheet to allow you into the building isnt strictly required, i didnt need to show it afterall...
Buckinghamshire
Report 9 years ago
oh and I forgot to mention, LCC were quite strict on fees, first of all we were all suprised to hear we were required to pay £100 materials fees on the spot, just in order to continue to the enrolment process, THEN if we did not have a full receipt to say we had a loan or we had paid upfront the £3,225 then we were told in order to enroll at that time without having to return another day we(more specifically me) I had to go onto their computer by the side an pay a £560 refundable deposit from my credit card (refundable once the loan had gone through).

the full deposit should have been £660 deposit, but they deducted the £100 materials fee from it.

so all in all they were quite tight with people paying, a bit too much in my opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads