AS and A level organisation Watch

Lottsie93
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok Im one of the many new yr 12's starting AS levels (Im doing 5 and the AQA bacc/English bacc) and Im unsure of how to organise each subject folders/ring binders/dividers wise. I really stupidly have started out with subject books-a bit too gcse-ish- which I hole punched and put into a folder (It worked for GCSEs..) It hasnt worked at all. What's everyone else done and how good is it? Should I move to paper sheets?
Thanks so much in advance!
XXX
Never thought I'd say this but BRING BACK GCSE TIME!
Ooh La La
Report 9 years ago
I have a notebook per subject and a lever arch file per subject. I put handouts, written work in plastic wallets and then into my lever arch file for each subject (some have two e.g. French - one for grammar and another for topic work, etc). I don't bring the lever arch files to school though unless absolutely necessary. I use my locker for them if I need to. I use an extendable folder for transporting work from school to home or vice versa.

I hope this helps!
Lottsie93
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Ooh La La)
I have a notebook per subject and a lever arch file per subject. I put handouts, written work in plastic wallets and then into my lever arch file for each subject (some have two e.g. French - one for grammar and another for topic work, etc). I don't bring the lever arch files to school though unless absolutely necessary. I use my locker for them if I need to. I use an extendable folder for transporting work from school to home or vice versa.

I hope this helps!
So you take the notebook and folders to school? Sounds like a good plan. French at A level!? V impressed!
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have 1 display folder for each subject, the ones with lots of plastic pockets to put paper in because they work whether paper is hole-punched or not. Each plastic pocket holds the work for a different topic in that subject. Once a topic is finished I transfer that work from the display folder to a lever-arch folder for that subject at home. It sounds heniously complicated but it works for me and it means not much to carry around at school.
Adam92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have a notepad per module, and a little document wallet to put loose sheets in per subject. All colour coded obv
Sk1lLz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just take one big folder with all subjects in it and have 4 folders at home used for storage of notes.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At this stage in the year, I just have a lever arch / ringbinder with all my work in, with one divider per teacher (I have multiple teachers per subject).

However, as and when there is too much stuff to fit into one file, I will get a lever arch / ringbinder for each subject with a divider for each topic e.g.
Psychology - Child Development, Forensic Psychology, Mental Illness etc.
Geography - Population, Natural Hazards, Ecosystems etc.
Politics - Law and Order, Welfare State, Economy etc.
And then a ringbinder for Critical Thinking AS because we don't do much in it anyway.
Eventually, I have to split each subject into 2 lever arches - one for each unit - because it won't all fit in one lever arch. This happened before Easter last year.

I also use plastic pockets to store newspaper articles in for Geography & Politics, which are kept in the relevant file, in a divider of their own.
Ooh La La
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lottsie93)
So you take the notebook and folders to school? Sounds like a good plan. French at A level!? V impressed!
Thanks I only take the lever arch folders if I need all the work I've done in the year in a subject in a specific lesson. I take this extendable folder thing normally for all my subjects instead of taking all of my folders Good luck!
becki.lyon
Report 9 years ago
I am taking 3 as levels and 2 GCSEs this year so rather than carrying all of my files i simply take notes electronically. because of this i organise everything on my laptop and only print them out for distribution. .

very useful for me because i'm fairly mechanically minded and need this level of structure and ease of access. not for everybody though. most of my classmates dont understand my organistational structure at all.
Davott
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ooh La La)

I hope this helps!
I organise exactly like this. No point in messing around with hole punches like I see people do and since I took ICT I only need 3 folders a day max which easily go in my bag . Nearly a term in and I still haven't used my Lever arch file apart from one topic in Physics :P:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.69%
No - but I will (82)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (511)
47.67%

Watched Threads