Is our relationship a joke? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Me and my 'boyfriend' apparently made it official last night. He was a little bit drunk but not much and I'm not sure how it happened but we ended up saying we were together. We've been sort of 'together' for a while, but nothing official. His friends told me that he really likes me, so I'm not doubting that, but he's not a very serious person. We kept being like 'HI BOYFRIEND' 'HI GIRLFRIEND' like, in a jokey way.
This is going to sound very gay but he said he was going to change his status on FB, then I spoke to him this morning on FB and said 'its not official until FB says it is!' and he said 'yeah i'll change it in 5 minutes".
He hasn't. Its been like 5 hours. Of course.
I'm just wondering, from what I've told you, is he actually my boyfriend? Or is this just a joke?
Blablaablaaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if you're happy with eachother i dont really see why it matters if its "official" or not, me and my gf were seeing eachother and she wanted us to be bf and gf and i was like "whats the difference?"
Dephect
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well if its not on facebook yet then hes not your boyfriend, sowwy =(
fallen angel9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If it's not facebook offical it's not official at all. :no:
the.white.rabbit
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If facebook doesn't confirm it then it can't be official!...:nah:
Donnahh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Facebook is the decider!
Smoosh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't really think it sounds like he doesn't want it to be serious. It seems like he wants to be with you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
omg! i just went on facebook and he's changed his status to 'its complicated'!!! wtf..

i just changed mine to in a relationship and requested it with him.... bad idea?

maybe if he's like hmmm what are you doing i guess I can be like 'what? i was just playing a long with the joke!'

orrrr...should i take it off before he comes online..
Shokz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
omg! i just went on facebook and he's changed his status to 'its complicated'!!! wtf..

i just changed mine to in a relationship and requested it with him.... bad idea?

maybe if he's like hmmm what are you doing i guess I can be like 'what? i was just playing a long with the joke!'

hes an idiot.. i dont think hes taking the relationship that seriously. sorry
pocomontus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

no cause he will stll get a relationship status, although he wont be able to click it, but he will see you previously tried to request it.

dont worry, if worst comes to worst, play it cool and just say 'hey! I was just playing along too' Then go back to normal. Will COMPLETELY throw him!
Anon the 7th
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
a joke
blondyx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Me and my 'boyfriend' apparently made it official last night. He was a little bit drunk but not much and I'm not sure how it happened but we ended up saying we were together. We've been sort of 'together' for a while, but nothing official. His friends told me that he really likes me, so I'm not doubting that, but he's not a very serious person. We kept being like 'HI BOYFRIEND' 'HI GIRLFRIEND' like, in a jokey way.
This is going to sound very gay but he said he was going to change his status on FB, then I spoke to him this morning on FB and said 'its not official until FB says it is!' and he said 'yeah i'll change it in 5 minutes".
He hasn't. Its been like 5 hours. Of course.
I'm just wondering, from what I've told you, is he actually my boyfriend? Or is this just a joke?
He really likes you and you have been seeing eachother for some time soobviously he is serious about being into you.
He isn't a serious person so i reckon him changing his status to 'its complicated' is probably just a joke to get a reaction out of you or something, but of course that doesn't mean your actual relationship is a joke, hes just messsing around.

If it turns out (i think unlikely) that your relationship with im is a joke then talk to him about it, he will look so stupid and immature
DebFantastic
Report 9 years ago
Lol at facebook. Well according to my facebook I have a son who is 24 (i'm 20 ) and a daughter called Andrew who is 19. Must be official cos facebook says so.

Sounds a bit petty. your either together or your not ask him outright. God i hate guys who faff about and string along.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed