Student Finance - What Next??!! Watch

Roberto_Ferrari
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I got a letter asking me to fill in passport details which I filled in and sent back to them. It's been more than a week and my online account still says 'Awaiting Further Information'

What's the next step - should I just wait for them to contact me again?

On the payments part of the website it says 'No payments were found for you'

How close am I to getting my loans?

Non means tested btw.
Vokes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Roberto_Ferrari)
I got a letter asking me to fill in passport details which I filled in and sent back to them. It's been more than a week and my online account still says 'Awaiting Further Information'

What's the next step - should I just wait for them to contact me again?

On the payments part of the website it says 'No payments were found for you'

How close am I to getting my loans?

Non means tested btw.

It takes them 6-10 weeks of recieving a letter to put it on the systems / process it. If you are non means tested and thats all they need, I would say a couple of months if its being done by post
Vinal
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Awaiting Further Information-even though you have sent away your details, the site takes for ever to update, iv changed my status of income like 3 times since i applied online and nothing ever changes on there!, anyway, your leaving it rather late aint you to be sending info away now?
Roberto_Ferrari
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vinal)
Awaiting Further Information-even though you have sent away your details, the site takes for ever to update, iv changed my status of income like 3 times since i applied online and nothing ever changes on there!, anyway, your leaving it rather late aint you to be sending info away now?
I applied ages ago online with passport details etc. and then out of the blue they sent me a letter asking for passport details. I am so lost and confused and don't know what I should be doing now.

Any idea when my money will arrive?!?1
Vokes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I applied ages ago online with passport details etc. and then out of the blue they sent me a letter asking for passport details. I am so lost and confused and don't know what I should be doing now.

Any idea when my money will arrive?!?1
Ring them and ask. But as I said if they need whatever you sent, it will be 6-10 weeks.
X_kate
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i give up with mine!! My tuition fee loan has been approved but they want more info to give me the grant, even though i have sent off what they want!!! stupid ppl!!
Roberto_Ferrari
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vokes)
Ring them and ask. But as I said if they need whatever you sent, it will be 6-10 weeks.
So what do I have to do during those 6-10 weeks, or do I just wait?
Vokes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So what do I have to do during those 6-10 weeks, or do I just wait?

Pretty much you never know some people do seem to get lucky and its all sorted really quickly but I wouldnt rely on it if you know what I mean
Vinal
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Student finance are just ****, end of tbh.

BTW, try contacting your UNI, for bursaries, thats what im going to do later today
atheistwithfaith
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They have just employed 120 more people, so hopefully things will be starting to get better from now on.
Mardoxx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you wait
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads