23 year old girl dating 17 year old guy... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
My best friend is 17, we have a 23 year old friend who my best friend really gets on with. However last night I get a drunk phone call from my friend telling me the girl pretty much asked him out. Now I'm finding this weird, firstly she has a boyfriend and I just can't see the age gap working. I know some guys date younger girls but I feel it's different this way. Maybe I'm being to cautious but I can't help feeling this is wrong. Thoughts?
n0c0ntr0l
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The guy is in for the ride of his life. Older women are much better. Don't **** it up for him, he should go out with he ( assuming she dumps current bf)
JohnnytheFox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Holy ****.

That guy is the luckiest bloke ever.

Women are at their best when they're 23-24.
x-pri-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
that dev patel guy is 17 dating freido pinto! shes 25
The Wicked Wolf
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
She must be pretty sad, tell the 17 year old that if he dumps her you'll buy him a blow-up doll instead. Like a baby in a candy-store.
littlesparrow
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My boyfriend's 18 year old sister is dating a 28 year old man.
Its up to her really and i would just give her advice About without (obviously or intentionally) trying to change her own choice.
That is unless she was drunk when she rang you, otherwise itll be a load of crap in ther morning
Tsukuyomi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lucky *******
PauloG.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If that 17 years old is me then it's okay I guess. Otherwise, no.
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If someone told me I could date an attractive 23 yr old girl, I'd snap their finger off in an instant :teeth:
Glucosinolate
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My 17-yr old brother is dating a 22-yr old. I thought it would be full of fail, but it's lasted quite a while without any major mishaps. He tries to keep quiet about it, though
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 23 and I couldn't ever imagine going out with a 17 year old, no matter how mature he seemed (and in their teens, guys really aren't)
n0c0ntr0l
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Glucosinolate)
My 17-yr old brother is dating a 22-yr old. I thought it would be full of fail, but it's lasted quite a while without any major mishaps. He tries to keep quiet about it, though
Give him a pat on the back from me. Keeping older girls interested in you is a mission!
gm15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OP she has a boyfriend yet is asking out your friend...chances are if she dates your friend (even if she leaves the boyfriend) she'll cheat on him too.
timetokill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My 23 year old friend is with a guy who literally just turned 18.
I always thought in theory it would be quite a big deal, but its not at all. Hes a nice guy, mature, fun. Its no problem, or any different to being with anyone else.

Aside from the fact that she already has a boyfriend, there isnt too much of an issue here I dont think.
mia163
Report 9 years ago
i have a friend who is 16 and her bf is 26ish! i think its a tad disgusting!
gm15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whatever happened to standards - if you know a girl is the cheating kind don't date her.
gm15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mia163)
i have a friend who is 16 and her bf is 26ish! i think its a tad disgusting!
When the girl is 16 a 10 year age gap is disgusting - not to mention but wouldn't any sex in that relationship count as statutory rape? Or does that cut off at 16?
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well yeah it is a 6 year age gap, but hey it's his choice so leave him to it.

I don't really get the whole older girl is much worse than an older guy thing as it always changes depending on the people involved.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 23 and would date someone 18/19. Couldn't really go any lower than that tbh - immaturity in a man/boy isn't an attractive trait to a 23 yr old woman imo.
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by x-pri-x)
that dev patel guy is 17 dating freido pinto! shes 25
He's 19 and she's (Freida) 24.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
37.98%
No - but I will (53)
7.24%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (348)
47.54%

Watched Threads