So what exactly do I put on my UCAS application for AS/A2 stuff??? Watch

resortini
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Obviously everyon has received their provisional AS grades by now, although not on a proper certificate, I have done AQA Bio,Chem,Phys and OCR Maths,, what exactly do I put down on the UCAS site..... have only entered all my GCSEs, nothing else for the education section so far........
loveisjustasong
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
AS: put your grades or pending.
A2: put pending.
resortini
Rep:
?
Okay, thanks for the help, how do I know whether to put my grades or put pending, I have not got a "proper" certificate just one of those ones you get when you first get your result if you know what I mean.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You enter your AS Qualification under the correct centre number, along with the board - then you find out whether you're college or school is certificating them - if they are, you'll have to enter the grade. If they're not, like mine, then you can put the grade as pending, but if you wish to enter any module grades this is at your discretion. Which ever session it will be certificated in is the date you enter. Nobody will have a certificate at this point, so that is no indication of whether you're grades will be certificated or not, you'll need to ask someone at school. If your school or college is certificating them, then you'll enter them as being certificated now. If they're not, you enter them as being certificated for next summer, or whenever, and put the grade as pending, even if you have a grade for it. You'll then enter the module scores to show what grade you've achieved at AS, if you want to. You then enter a separate qualification for A2 and put everything as pending, unless you have of course already sat some of the modules and want to include these. Don't for get to add qualifications such as music or drama, entrance examinations that you'll be taking, an AEA or Extended Project and the like. Basically anything you're doing should be entered.
resortini
Rep:
?
If the schools has certificated them what date do I put down exactly? The date I dat my exam or what? I will be doing the UKCAT soon maybe the BMAT, do I put anything AT ALL for those, or will it automatically be sent through?
Erebus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you just lie like all other applicants
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been told to put June for all of the ones we've done this year - some say August. Personally, I don't think it matters, they gather that it is summer of that year.
As for your entrance tests, there is the option to put them on your UCAS. I don't really know why you do it - I think your results will automatically get sent through anyway (consult your registration details to be sure). I don't think you have to do it, but I've put my LNAT down so that they'd know when I was planning on sitting it, and because there was an option for me to sit it. All but one of my universities require the LNAT so they'll all just think it's for them - but sitting things such as the BMAT may give away more about where you're planning on applying. I'd ask someone at school about whether you need / should enter it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.51%
No - but I will (19)
5.67%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (162)
48.36%

Watched Threads