Will I be charged if I use my credit card? Watch

Defcon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi there,
Basically I have a £500 overdraft sort of thing on my credit card and I want to use it to buy something over eBay.
I know that if I purchase goods, like in shops etc, I won't get charged anything as long as I pay the full amount within the month, however I also know that cash withdrawals charge you; for example taking money out an ATM with the credit card.

Basically my problem is, I want to send money to someone over PayPal as a 'gift' but I'm not sure if that would constitute as a cash withdrawal.
PayPal would be taking money out the credit card, and pass it on to the payee.
jayshah31
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you Credit Card issue won't charge you, yet. I remember this was a raised more formally a while ago (NoChex is a similar eCurrency provider, but your CC company will charge you the prevailing cash rate for making payments through it). As far as I know, PP will charge your card in the same way as a standard transactional payment thus your CC issuer shouldn't notice.

(Just in case: CC = Credit card, PP = PayPal)
Defcon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by jayshah31)
I think you Credit Card issue won't charge you, yet. I remember this was a raised more formally a while ago (NoChex is a similar eCurrency provider, but your CC company will charge you the prevailing cash rate for making payments through it). As far as I know, PP will charge your card in the same way as a standard transactional payment thus your CC issuer shouldn't notice.

(Just in case: CC = Credit card, PP = PayPal)
Let's hope so. I'll post the conclusion in here.
If I do get charged, I'll talk to the bank about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads