The Student Room Group

Driving Test

Got mine tmrw. Any tips?

Also - out of the manoeverors :

paralell parking , reversing around a corner, emerceny stop, turn in the road, reverse parking in a bay

which 1 are they most likely to ask ? [ the test centre does have parking bays]

And also . do they always ask about maintence of the car - such as show me how you would change the oil etc.

Test tomoroow and im a lil nervous lol
Reply 1
good luck!

as i am not in the uk, i didnt do a test like that, so i dont know. good luck anyway!

keep calm and try not to "think" too much, u will be fine :smile:
Reply 2
unlucky about the aby parking, i think its really unfair that some have to do that and some don't. I could never reverse bay park.
To a certain extent the result of your test is out of control, the examiners opinon and mood count for 90% .
The best thing you can do is stay calm and take your time and be REALLY OBVIOUS with observation when reversing, pulling out, looing in mirrors.
Are you having an hour lesson before? i found that this really helped clam my nerves. Also don't expect to pass, you won't get as nervous then. As long as you have confidence in your dirving and so everything you've been taught you should be fine!!
Reply 3
TerrorSquad
Got mine tmrw. Any tips?

Also - out of the manoeverors :

paralell parking , reversing around a corner, emerceny stop, turn in the road, reverse parking in a bay

which 1 are they most likely to ask ? [ the test centre does have parking bays]

And also . do they always ask about maintence of the car - such as show me how you would change the oil etc.

Test tomoroow and im a lil nervous lol

i think they have to ask you about the maintainence of the car. if you get it wrong it goes down as a minor i think.
according to bsm cd you have to know about:
checking:
oil level (wipe dipstick clean and check against min and max level)
engine coolant level (between min and max)
windscreen washer reservoir level (between min and max)
hydraulic brake fluid reservoir level (between min and max)
parking brake for excessive wear
horn is working (press horn)
indicators (either use hazard lights or indicators and get out and check)
brake lights ( ask a passerby to check or reverse up to wall and look for red light)
tyre pressures (use pump)
tread depth (has to be greater than 1.6mm. can use a tread depth gauge)
general condition of tyres (check with eyes for bulges or metal tyre supports sticking out. using hands is dangerous as might be sharp metal things sticking out)

i think thats all of them.
Reply 4
i did awfully on my car maintenance, they ask u 3 questions. if u haven't been thru it already ur instructor will just b4 ur test, if he doesn't remind him!!! i reckon i got all my maintenance questions wrong. p.s dont feel intimidated by the examiner they get paid £17,000 but think they r so important, just imagin him/her with pants on there head and ul be fine and not too nervous
Reply 5
ok cool. thanks for the replies!
Reply 6
Only 1 in 3 people get to do an emergency stop
Reply 7
yeah i read about that - but waht about the other ones. surely they dont ask u 2 do all of them?
Reply 8
No, you get 2 of them.
Reply 9
stupid examiner!! failed me on a observation at junction thing - says when we were turning right onto a main rd there was a fast car coming up behind me which had 2 brake quite hard / made him slow down quite a bit

dumb excuse i think!!#

oh n only 6 minors lol:-)
Reply 10
Which manoevres did you get?
Reply 11
only turn in the road and reversing into a bay
Reply 12
TerrorSquad
only turn in the road and reversing into a bay

They're the manoevures i want!!!!! i've got mine end of June!! - only 2 more lessons to go!!! aah!
Reply 13
looby3
They're the manoevures i want!!!!! i've got mine end of June!! - only 2 more lessons to go!!! aah!

cool - gd luck

[i know where rugby is lol! go there quite a lot, going there this sunday!! got few cosins that go bilton high i think its calld]

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending