Plagiarism Watch

HartLou
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Ok,i've been accused of being plagiarismed in the physics coursewok and actually i didn't know what the hell it happened.But still i got 3As and a B in physics.

Will the university be informed that i have plagiarismed in physics coursework and just don't give me an offer? School says it's not my fault and will be supportive in my reference.I'm so confused, plz, help, give me some advice,thx.
Baz1990
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HartLou)
Ok,i've been accused of being plagiarismed in the physics coursewok and actually i didn't know what the hell it happened.But still i got 3As and a B in physics.

Will the university be informed that i have plagiarismed in physics coursework and just don't give me an offer? School says it's not my fault and will be supportive in my reference.I'm so confused, plz, help, give me some advice,thx.
Did you cheat, if you did then you should have done it more discretly
Skies
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did you plagiarise? You weren't very clear on that.
starsdream2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can't you appeal?
HartLou
i didn't think i have plagiarismed, so did my school, but edexcel think i have plagiarismed and give me a 0 in physics coursework.
Craig_D
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i didn't think i have plagiarismed, so did my school, but edexcel think i have plagiarismed and give me a 0 in physics coursework.
Well it's one of those things where you must be sure :p: if you didn't knowingly copy somebody's work and it's all your own words then you aren't guilty.
Glucosinolate
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OP, i think you need to contact edexcel and protest this if you haven't plagerised anything.
HartLou
(Original post by Glucosinolate)
OP, i think you need to contact edexcel and protest this if you haven't plagerised anything.
I had, but they still give me a 0, and they said i can retake this unit next year. But the problem is, will the universities i'm applying to be informed that i have been plagiarism and have some negative effects on their decision?
daftndirekt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
that you have been plagarism? what you cant of been plagarism
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Erm, how did this happen? Whose work have you been accused of copying?
_Shanice_
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The word is plagiarized by the way, not "plagiarismed". Did you state all of your sources, you didn't miss one out without realizing?
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
If only it all made sense!!!! . . .
tigermoth99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If it's only a unit, it shouldn't show on your transcript (universities will be more interested in the overall grade)

But check with senior staff members at your school to make sure, though
HartLou
anyway, whether i have plagiarized is not important. Edexcel firmly believed that i have plagiarized and give me a 0 while school told me it cannot be changed.

I just want to know whether universities i'm applying to will know that i have plagiarized and have negative effect on my applying(like they think plagiarism is very bad and don't give me an offer even i got 3 As and a B)
Mr M
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Relax - university should not find out about your indiscretion.

I am still unsure what happened. Edexcel would not zero your work without good reason.

a) Did you cut and paste some stuff from the internet into your work?

b) Did you upload your work to a coursework sharing website?

c) Did you let someone else copy or borrow your work?

d) Did you copy or borrow someone else's work?
HartLou
(Original post by tigermoth99)
If it's only a unit, it shouldn't show on your transcript (universities will be more interested in the overall grade)

But check with senior staff members at your school to make sure, though
My school said they will be supportive, and they will write notes on this 0 says i have always been very brilliant on physics, this is an accident.
But will the universities knows this through ucas?
HartLou
(Original post by Mr M)
Relax - university should not find out about your indiscretion.

I am still unsure what happened. Edexcel would not zero your work without good reason.

a) Did you cut and paste some stuff from the internet into your work?

b) Did you upload your work to a coursework sharing website?

c) Did you let someone else copy or borrow your work?

d) Did you copy or borrow someone else's work?
I copied HOOkE's law on the test book and include it in my bibliography, i quoted some pictures on the internet(not included in bibliography), and i found a description of forces and energy on the internet, learned it, and used my own words to describe them, that's all.
JustCallMeKate
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I believe the only way unis could find out is if they guess how you got a '0' in one unit (if you declare your unit marks) or if your teachers tell them in their references.
Mr M
  • Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I copied HOOkE's law on the test book and include it in my bibliography, i quoted some pictures on the internet(not included in bibliography), and i found a description of forces and energy on the internet, learned it, and used my own words to describe them, that's all.
Then the zero is incredibly harsh and you have grounds to appeal. I don't want to accuse you of being disingenuous but are you sure you are telling the whole story?
tigermoth99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I shouldn't imagine this would show on your UCAS application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
38.03%
No - but I will (53)
7.25%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (347)
47.47%

Watched Threads