Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When i was fifteen. I'm now nearly 18 and still with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjimcflanji)
    hey loopz i'm with you and everyone is saying the same thing he'll come along when you least expect it....and the next idiot that says such a thing will regret it. i imagine you're slightly luckier or i hope you are and don't live in a small community where they all think there's sth wrong with you for not having a bf....goes and cries in corner...
    But its true!! one day, you give up, you stop caring, you just go out to have a good time with friends, and you suddenly end up with someone. People i know who i've asked have all said the same, and i was as sceptical as you (i go to an all girls school, am a total geek and had no chance in hell) until it actually happened to me.

ReputationRep:
    i've gone beyond sceptical. i accept that no one wants me for me (I don't even get guys try it on to sleep w/ me anymore!) and that's the way it will continue to be. it's not as though i've let myself 'go' or anything like that so i don't know what the cause is. all i understand is that no one has ever cared about me and that is all i want. but i want never gets..

ReputationRep:
    i've gone beyond sceptical. i accept that no one wants me for me (I don't even get guys try it on to sleep w/ me anymore!) and that's the way it will continue to be. it's not as though i've let myself 'go' or anything like that so i don't know what the cause is. all i understand is that no one has ever cared about me and that is all i want. but i want never gets..
    I think what's changed is your attitude. You've got to the point where you don't believe that anyone can ever want you. You do deserve someone, and I think it will happen for you when you least expect it, even if you don't agree. Just concentrate on having fun in other aspects of your life, and having that special someone will suddenly seem so much less important.

ReputationRep:
    i would be fine by myself but all of my friends are couples and do couply stuff there are only so many outings one can attend before you know you're not that welcome. so the next step is to get new/ more friends but living in the middle of nowhere doesn't help that as all clubs/socs are full of old ppl so it jsut doesn't work. hopefully going to uni in sep if i get the grades but i'll be totally inept at finding friends as i don't fit in - have always been on the outside in my peers. i do hope you're right and thank you for saying nice things but i can't see why deserve it at all.

ReputationRep:
    well..im 15 and ive never had a boyfriend either...i kinda gave up thinking about it and now I don't really care too much, other than feeling like a don't fit in...but hey! this thread has surprised me!

I was in school a few weeks ago and our teacher started talking about her son who's got his first girlfriend at age 15. Everyone started laughing and someone shouted out "15?? woah! must be a late-bloomer! haha". That kinda worried me but I think there's a lot of those people who were laughing to hide the fact that they'd never been in a serious relationship either.

Thanks for starting this thread, it's made me feel happier anyway
    MissSurfer

ReputationRep:
    OK 15 is nothing. When I was 15 and thinking "I've not had a girlfriend yet, oh dear" I didn't think I'd be revising for A levels before I stopped having that thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachplatt)
    17 (the first boy I kissed as well! lol!) it lasted 4 and a half months!
    A kiss lasting 4 and a half months. wow!

i accept that no one wants me for me (I don't even get guys try it on to sleep w/ me anymore!) and that's the way it will continue to be. it's not as though i've let myself 'go' or anything like that so i don't know what the cause is. all i understand is that no one has ever cared about me and that is all i want. but i want never gets..
    Change your attitude. If you hold no esteem in yourself, you cant expect other too. As i said before, whats worth having is worth waiting for. We will all find someone that makes us happy, we all deserve and will find true love. This includes you
    (or in other words. Cheer up and Smile )

(Original post by kinza75)
    when did u first have a proper gf/bf?
    In year 9 so I was 14 and we were together for 6 months...Then I was 14 when I started going out with my most recent boyfriend and we were together for nearly 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    Debatable... i first went out with someone for a decent length of time when I was 14. But the first guy I ever fell in love with, we started going out when I was 16.5

ReputationRep:
    i would be fine by myself but all of my friends are couples and do couply stuff there are only so many outings one can attend before you know you're not that welcome. so the next step is to get new/ more friends but living in the middle of nowhere doesn't help that as all clubs/socs are full of old ppl so it jsut doesn't work. hopefully going to uni in sep if i get the grades but i'll be totally inept at finding friends as i don't fit in - have always been on the outside in my peers. i do hope you're right and thank you for saying nice things but i can't see why deserve it at all.
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm going to sound really old now, but I really don't think that you should be worrying about not having a boyfriend at your age - there's plenty of time for the right boy to come along! I realise it's hard when you're surrounded by couples who make you feel bad about being single, but there is no point in having a boyfriend just for the sake of it. Although you don't want to hear it, I can guarantee that the right someone will come along eventually. It's just a matter of time - shorter for some than for others. University may be just the place, with all those new people. I think that in a way it's easier to start unattached, rather than trying to juggle university with a boyfriend who will most likely be elsewhere...

Anyway, I hope I didn't sound too patronising - I've been there myself, I could hardly speak to boys at school and despaired of ever finding anyone, and on my first day at university met my first and only boyfriend. Be positive - sometimes things happen when we least expect them to.

ReputationRep:
    i think the answer is to get wasted!!!!!!!! like me right now and i've spent an hour on the phone to a mate and suddenly the world seems so much better! If i never get laid its a shame, if i've never pulled a guy oh well at least i've got no regrets like that. I'm plenty good looking enough, theres no-one i actually want to go out with anyway.
    Smile, what will be will be. I just wish threads like this didn't make me feel so inadequate.
    Just because random people had their first 'proper' bf aged 11, it doesn't make them any better/nicer than anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    um..i was..15 and it lasted...9days! hehe..hmm..did wel there!

ReputationRep:
    14 - ive had random things but the people i see are always just for sex which can be annoying.

ReputationRep:
    well i'm 14 at the moment and i go to a girls school so its kind of hard!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as this is a mostly female thread, you girls can be stars... simply let me know your views on whether you think the moment you "click" with a guy is purely serendipity-based... or whether it can be induced to a degree on the guy's part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feelthesunshine)
    Seeing as this is a mostly female thread, you girls can be stars... simply let me know your views on whether you think the moment you "click" with a guy is purely serendipity-based... or whether it can be induced to a degree on the guy's part.
    serendipity :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    serendipity

ReputationRep:
    I was 8 when I started going out with my first proper boyfriend. I was with him for 4 years. However my first true love :love: was when I was 15 with my last boyfriend and I was with him for just over 6 months. I'm still in love with him now even though he dumped me on the 1st of May and he has a new girlfriend and has been with her for about 2/3 weeks :mad: *crys*.

ReputationRep:
    17 - but for religious reason broke up with him after about a month. So in my case, the length had nothing to do with how serious it was. It still took me 6 months to get over it so I'd say it was a serious relationship for sure. It was my first and only, so far.

Well your first love can be your last and only love That's the case with my dad - his first girlfriend and first love is also his wife now, me mum

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.