Lancaster Uni Watch

This discussion is closed.
LubyLoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Seeming as there is no sub forum for Lancaster I thought I would start a thread here.

So who's going, and what are you studying? (Grades pending of course).

I'm studying Sociology and I can't wait. I got my accomodation pack through on Tuesday. Lonsdale looks pretty swish.
Guinea Pig
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
All being well, I'll be going to do Geography.
FrisbeeFan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm in my second year, studying English Lit and Music.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I always wondered, do you like it in Lancaster. I grew up there and I don't really like the place, it's a bit like a one-horse town. What do you do?
sarahbee
Report 13 years ago
i'm hopefully going, if they accept me without the grades they asked for! i'm going for politics&philosophy.
with regards to lancaster itself, i'm looking forward to a more rural setting. i live in manchester and really want out of it for a little while.
makeshiftwings
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's my insurance, but I preferred it to my firm.
The one-horse town stuff appeals to me - I'm generally quite quiet and non-rowdy so therefore the mass amount of bars etc on campus would suit me fine
Jack_Bauer
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lancaster's got one of the finest management degree course in UK
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Have you all sent off your accomodation forms?

I have applied for Lonsdale and Cartmel, the two most popular.

I can see me sleeping on the bench outside at this rate.

And I suppose Lancaster is quite a small town, but I personally like to know where everything is, rather than get lost in a big city. It's not too far from home as I will have to go home every weekend for my job, and there seems enough to do.
lancaster_lad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hello,

I'm going to Lancaster in October - studying Management & Organisation. I've sent off my accommodation forms and hope to be staying in Pendle

Dan
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm hopefully going in October too to study History/Politics.

Think I put down Grizedale as my first choice as my sister stayed there when she studied at Lancaster and she said it was nice accomodation.

My sister still lives in Lancaster too and she said the city is really on the up: bar wise and shop wise. If not, Preston is only a bus ride away too.

I really hope I get in, Manchester Met seems a bit too wild and hectic for me.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Does anyone know why courses start in October too and not Septembe?
LauraB84
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm about to to go into my last year at Lancaster. I like it there, I'm from quite a busy place and I like the variation in lifestyle. When it all gets too much for me I go visit my friends in bigger places and remember why I don't really like cities! The fact that there aren't many decent shops is also good for staying out of your overdraft! Plus a shopping trip to Preston can be made into a full day out.

Does anyone know why courses start in October too and not Septembe?
It's just the way the term is this year. Freshers week is a week later than normal, and we finish for Christmas a week later than we did last year. Term dates do vary a little from year to year, but they're planned out well in advance.
LittleMiss
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the timetable for lectures comes out within the next 4 weeks too...so you shuld know how many times you need to get out of bed for 9am. You get your seminar times when you enroll which for freshers is within freshers week and for everyone else its queing on the first week back! I spent an hour in one last year.
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
I'm glad you all recommend Preston. I live there hehe.

Does anyone know when we are likely to find out if we have been allocated into our choice for accomodation?

I chose Lonsdale and Cartmel, and due to them being oversubscribed I will more than likely be sleeping on a bench.

Anyone who has stayed in either Lonsdale or Cartmel tell me what it's like?
LauraB84
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think you'll find out for a while after results day. I think I found out about 3/4 weeks before freshers week.
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
See you in October!!
Becca_18star
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Woooahh see you in October (the 1st My BIRTHDAY!!!!!) lol I've applied to Pendle and Lonsdale...doing End Lit CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!
CoolioVendetta
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im going to Lancaster to in October to study Computer Science. I've put down Lonsdale and Cartmel as my choices, hopefully il get one of them!
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've put down Grizedale and one other I cant remember.

Got in to study History/Politcs.
Eb
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Smiley_Me)
Seeming as there is no sub forum for Lancaster I thought I would start a thread here.

So who's going, and what are you studying? (Grades pending of course).

I'm studying Sociology and I can't wait. I got my accomodation pack through on Tuesday. Lonsdale looks pretty swish.
First.. Im lancaster to and the lonsdale AND i thought i was the only person to say swish AND im doing sociology AND your user icon is my lj icon.. how weird =o
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads