Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    careful, people might object to your worship..

but, meh.. in UMS terms i was always much "better" at English Lit & History than any of my sciencies, though only did a science AEA.

i suppose i dislike "short answer" questions! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    careful, people might object to your worship..

but, meh.. in UMS terms i was always much "better" at English Lit & History than any of my sciencies, though only did a science AEA.

i suppose i dislike "short answer" questions! :p:
    hehe like many faiths, I shall go on despite any discrimination and subjugation that I may face :p:

hehe for some people it is all the facts having to be learnt for science...i.e. they forget something little that takes of those few marks...or a missed line of calculation or an inaccurate answer etc.. Whereas in history/eng you can just keep on writing and it's harder for them to discount stuff, and, for me, at least, it is sooo much more subjective, I hardly even think about it, it just spurts out :eek:

though I have 100% in all my science modules too thus far :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)

though I have 100% in all my science modules too thus far :rolleyes:
    Thought you got 99 in Physics :rolleyes:

Stop lying to your goddess, apostate :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    Thought you got 99 in Physics :rolleyes:

Stop lying to your goddess, apostate :eek:
    You wrong me, sir! :eek: I have 100% UMS in everything, except a further maths module that I took for an experiment :mad: Just 'cause I might have misssed the odd raw mark in a module :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    You wrong me, sir! :eek: I have 100% UMS in everything, except a further maths module that I took for an experiment :mad: Just 'cause I might have misssed the odd raw mark in a module :bawling:
    Well I was too polite to mention your Further Maths OR your experimenting :rolleyes:

<sorry for the misrepresentation >

<ma non troppo :p: >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    Well I was too polite to mention your Further Maths OR your experimenting :rolleyes:

<sorry for the misrepresentation >

<ma non troppo :p: >
    Nah it's ok - my teacher gave me my raw marks too...Can't remember what I gave you but since for the majority I got 100% in both, it didn't matter...And I err want to do maths?

ReputationRep:
    And I err want to do maths?
    What you having doubts :rolleyes:

99 raw physics - hmm sounds more Luton Poly standard :eek:

<Is there actually anyone at Luton Poly on TSR? - does the establishment exist anymore and what are they like for maths? And why did you choose them for your dissing metaphor - when you could have chosen, I dunno, LMH? :eek: :rolleyes: >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    What you having doubts :rolleyes:
    Yes.

LMH has an exchange programme with Luton, don't they? :p:

ReputationRep:
    And now I'm going to the doctor, so you can continue to be mean to me behind my back

ReputationRep:
    <increases the height of Elles' pedestal>

It's only a trend...I'm hoping to get 100s in my history too :eek:
    Yeah but UMS 100% isn't really a "proper" full marks. As for me, I found maths at school easy easy easy, just learning rules and concepts and such and applying them in different ways. But I very much doubt I'd be able to do it at university - I'm good at the mechanical, going through the motions type stuff but the uni papers I have glanced at seem to require far more actual thought.

ReputationRep:
    God all of you getting 100% marks....
    well...i can hardly talk...the Geology exam which had a volcano aspect to it i got 100% and a letter from the examiner saying it was the top 5 in the country for the module!
    If you get 100 in all your modules though, i think you deserve shooting! either that or i might actually believe all that bullsh*t about exams getting easier...

ReputationRep:
    *Sulks* - Have only 2 100% UMS - easiest politics module taken in Jan 2004! Raw marks were awful tho - 47/60 gave me full UMS - and English Coursework this year.

Heres to 'full marks' this summer!

(Well even if we are worrying, we can drink to it - its Friday!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalsausage)
    Yeah but UMS 100% isn't really a "proper" full marks. As for me, I found maths at school easy easy easy, just learning rules and concepts and such and applying them in different ways. But I very much doubt I'd be able to do it at university - I'm good at the mechanical, going through the motions type stuff but the uni papers I have glanced at seem to require far more actual thought.

No. Whilst it's true that you can achieve 100% UMS without getting 100% of the raw marks, it doesn't mean you don't have 100% raw marks so don't automatically sneer! All of my 100%s bar one are 100% raw marks too. Ummm but yeah, I get ya, it's not as impressive as it sounds, potentially.

Yup, school maths is a ****ing laugh.

As to the other person, don't worry, exams ARE definitely easier. Year 2000+ they are easier, and before that they were getting easier too. The modular system has made it even easier. I've seen papers back to the '60s (A Level or equivalent) and christ, we don't know how easy we have it. My experience is of English and maths particularly, as well as some biology.

ReputationRep:
    Hows revision going? - Good I think, though I'm sick to death of going over the same things over and over again. I just want it all to be over...

Do you feel confident? - Yes and no. I'm probably revising as much, if not more, than I did last year and I have a reasonable amount of leway with module marks, which is good. At the same time there's so much more at stake this year which is making me more nervous and could affect my performance in exams.

Do you still want to go to Oxford? - So much so. I've been up a few times since the interviews and just end up falling in love with it more and more every time, particularly now I'm getting to know people there. After getting this far, it's not something I want to throw away.

Anyone feeling similar? Is this malaise normal.....? - Yes. Seems to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    Pretty **** actually...

PK
    why on earth did i end up getting neg rep for this:rolleyes:? oh yeh - bunch of weird TSR people are around nowadays :mad:

ReputationRep:
    The tests I had to take to make my offer, the APs, were in the first week of May and I don't get results back until July 1. For the past month and a half I've been biting my nails, worried sick. It's awful. I wish they told you the scores the day after the test. 2 months is cruel.

ReputationRep:
    We have to wait a little less than that...I would have thought it to be the other way round - isn't AP majorly multiple choice?

ReputationRep:
    It is, but every test has at least two essay questions. Also, the administrators are lazy, cruel, profiteering scum.

ReputationRep:
    oh God, all of you with your 100%s make me feel sick. My English UMS's are good, but the rest leave something to be desired, and I'm so so not going to get an A in bloody History. I'm dying to go to Oxford, everytime I think about it I get more and more excited. Argh, it's got to the stage that if I think about results day at night I can't sleep, even though I did well last year and didn't work as hard as now, or know it so well. Damn, should have just applied to Hertfordshire

ReputationRep:
    You'll be ok!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.