Anyone dislike this? Watch

stefano
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I have noticed that quite a few guys have pictures of hot semi naked women in their 'sigs' (is that right term?)
For example, one guy I just saw in the fitness forum has pictures titled like mr men characters i.e. a naked girl called 'Miss petite'
I think it is disgusting and wrong to objectify womens bodies like this. It is weird but just now is the first time i have ever looked at a hot pic and felt revolted!!! It may be because I am sort of falling in love for the first proper time with someone . Can anyone empathise with this? Perhaps I have just matured a bit now???
(sorry if this is in wrong forum)
WhatTheFunk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
more of a issue to talk to the mods about, posting in AAM
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=93

the maybe no rules it braking as they are not naked, nor showing anything, you can block sigs
by going to my account- edit options- then unclicking Show Signatures (i think)
Hubert Poo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can empathise in the sense that there will be a fair bit of personally objectionable material floating around the site, whether in sigs, post themselves etc., but in fundamental terms are not so broadly problematic that the rules seek to cover it - simply on account of freedom of expression. Sure, you get a few which push the boundaries and have to be examined (with nudity the broad rule of thumb is where you can see nipples or genitalia, it's a removal and a week's holiday) but the point is not to sanitise the site's material, rather to provide an upper limit for a spectrum of expression.

I saw one sig a few weeks ago with a roadkilled cat on, for example. As a cat lover I found it abhorrent but it was difficult to see in practical terms as to how the rules would remove it. One had to put it down to personal objection and allow the rules to cover what they cover and what they don't, they don't. I just ignored it.

If you are that bothered about it, just turn your sigs off in your Account settings. :borat:
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by stefano)
I have noticed that quite a few guys have pictures of hot semi naked women in their 'sigs' (is that right term?)
For example, one guy I just saw in the fitness forum has pictures titled like mr men characters i.e. a naked girl called 'Miss petite'
I think it is disgusting and wrong to objectify womens bodies like this. It is weird but just now is the first time i have ever looked at a hot pic and felt revolted!!! It may be because I am sort of falling in love for the first proper time with someone . Can anyone empathise with this? Perhaps I have just matured a bit now???
I completely understand what you're saying. I tend to just block these images, when I see them as I find them pretty distasteful too, but unfortunately the rules don't prescribe any action to be taken against such images. As HP said, the limit is genitalia and nipples.
Floofy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I complained about this too. We usually see guys with girls in their sigs but they're decently covered. And we all like looking a beautiful women so who's complaining?

But some users just go overboard, like the user you mention OP, and it isn't tasteful at all.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Mine aren't semi naked or anything, so mine aren't distasteful, are they?
Its the lovely Miss Watson. We all love her. <3
Mad Vlad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, they're fine. (A little large, though...)
PlanetTea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If these girls pose for these pictures that's whats going to happen. I really don't see how it matters and I think you should find something else to fill your hours.
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, but could you make the images be on the same line (or they are and my screen is too narrow )

If it's taking too long to load, then I block the image (eg that 'Frustration' GIF)
fallen angel9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not too bothered by it tbh. :dontknow:
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I remember the good old days when no images were allowed in sigs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.79%
No - but I will (87)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.73%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (540)
47.79%

Watched Threads