Did something I kind of regret last night...now confused :( Watch

lovelife
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi People.

Basically last night, me and some of my former uni mates met up and went on a night out, all in all it was a great night, however...

Towards the end of the night I told a former housemate who i've fancied for a while that I liked her...got her one to one and told her the truth, I was sober at this time, as I didn't want to do something I would regret under the influence of alcohol.

Basically she said that if she didn't already have a boyfriend, (I know they've been together for a long time) she would seriously go out with me...I think what she said was genuine, because we do get on really well with each other, then I ended up getting emotional for a while.

We both agreed that this discussion would not effect our friendship, and the part of the day spent with her today, things are just the same as usual, but nothing was mentioned.

This is a secret just between us two, I told her I want this to be kept just between us both, and she says thats fine - I trust her, thts not an issue.

Its just, I don't know where to proceed from here...I understand she's got a bf etc, and therefore nothing is going to happen.

So, what would you people on here do in my situation?
I'm just confused, and at a bit of a loss regarding it all at the minute!

Thanks.
sallen
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lovelife)
Hi People.

Basically last night, me and some of my former uni mates met up and went on a night out, all in all it was a great night, however...

Towards the end of the night I told a former housemate who i've fancied for a while that I liked her...got her one to one and told her the truth, I was sober at this time, as I didn't want to do something I would regret under the influence of alcohol.

Basically she said that if she didn't already have a boyfriend, (I know they've been together for a long time) she would seriously go out with me...I think what she said was genuine, because we do get on really well with each other, then I ended up getting emotional for a while.

We both agreed that this discussion would not effect our friendship, and the part of the day spent with her today, things are just the same as usual, but nothing was mentioned.

This is a secret just between us two, I told her I want this to be kept just between us both, and she says thats fine - I trust her, thts not an issue.

Its just, I don't know where to proceed from here...I understand she's got a bf etc, and therefore nothing is going to happen.

So, what would you people on here do in my situation?
I'm just confused, and at a bit of a loss regarding it all at the minute!

Thanks.
Avoid her for a week or two, then carry on as before. If you press these things they usually turn out bad. If she really was into you she'd ditch her bf but she clearly thinks more of him. Unless she was just trying to let you down gently, either way I'd leave it, who knows where it will lead down the road. It's nice that you could be open about it with her though.
JustCallMeKate
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Selective amnesia will be your best friend.

It seems that you've already had the conversation to sort this out and she's made her position clear. If you want to continue being friends, I think it would be best to just pretend the conversation never happened and just be friends.

If, of course, she breaks up with her boyfriend in the future, it's a different story, but for now this will be easiest.
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JustCallMeKate)
Selective amnesia will be your best friend.

It seems that you've already had the conversation to sort this out and she's made her position clear. If you want to continue being friends, I think it would be best to just pretend the conversation never happened and just be friends.

If, of course, she breaks up with her boyfriend in the future, it's a different story, but for now this will be easiest.
I agree :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads