Quick (and possibly stupid) question on private accommodation Watch

JW92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
If you rent privately, would you have to pay for 52 weeks of the year even if you go home for Easter and Christmas?
JW92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Bumpppp
Kaykiie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go with a Landlord that rents houses only to students.

My landlord wont charge me for holidays if I move my stuff out when I go. Im also not being charged for the summer.

Dont be afraid to ask the landlord when viewing, if you are unsure ask them
Persipan
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Landlords vary on how long a contract they'll set up, but you'd generally have to pay for Christmas and Easter. Whether or not you have to pay for the summer is the area they're more likely to consider being flexible on.
beatleboar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What a stupid question.
blahbloo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some landlords want you to pay for 10/11/12 months of the year. But they won't make adjustments for when you won't be here in the christmas holidays/Summer, that's your fault. My contract's 12 months.
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have to pay rent the whole year round on mine, however I rent privately and am not only not living with other students, but also not living in a house let specifically TO students (I had to do a lot of grovelling to persuade my landlord to rent to me, a student - he wasn't keen on the idea!).

I don't know the situation with specifically student landlords, but I would imagine that in any house in which you leave your possessions the whole year round, you'll have to pay rent the whole year round too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads