The Student Room Group

Weird Thoughts You Had As A Child

A select few: I was convinced that there were people behind my television acting out what I saw on screen. I thought it was amazing they could get an ocean and a lifeguard (Baywatch -watching) in such a small place

I thought sales assistants would be very upset if you chose not to buy anything from thier shop

I was sure my parents would get kidnapped by aliens and the aliens would wear thier skin (thanks Men In Black) but I was sure the only way I could tell if it was them, was to look at thier teeth... alien teeth = not my parents

I used to panic that we would run out of water because the world population kept drinking it

Scroll to see replies

Look at this website, it's so, so funny!

www.iusedtobelieve.com
That my cats could talk and that I was a secret cat child who would be able to transform when I was older.

I was a messed up kiddy.
When I felt my heartbeat on my belly I thought I was pregnant...

I thought skittles had feelings so I used to apologise to whichever I didn't eat first
I would never look out my windows at night or sleep facing a window as i thought there where wolves watching me and writing down everything i did so they could integrate into society.

I Thought a good invention would be a giant sort of greenhouse over my garden so i could still play outside in the rain
Reply 5
I thought parents could read the minds of their children, they just never told us. Whenever I was in the car with them, I used to say in my head "yeah i know you can hear me, stop reading my mind". :frown:
That there was a little man that lived in toilets that would look at your bum when you sat on it :sadnod:
greenjellybean
When I felt my heartbeat on my belly I thought I was pregnant...

I thought skittles had feelings so I used to apologise to whichever I didn't eat first

Haha I've done that too :p:
Reply 8
G8D
I used to imagine there was a skateboarder skating along the road and doing tricks over/on everything we drove by.
Does this count as a thought?

Same, except it was spiderman running alongside and doing tricks.
I used to think that the 'To Let' signs outside houses were meant to say 'Toilet' and were just spelt wrong. I'd think 'Why have they got signs up all the time saying that? And why do they always spell it wrong?'
Reply 10
G8D
I used to imagine there was a skateboarder skating along the road and doing tricks over/on everything we drove by.
Does this count as a thought?

C.C.G
I thought parents could read the minds of their children, they just never told us. Whenever I was in the car with them, I used to say in my head "yeah i know you can hear me, stop reading my mind". :frown:

Me too to both. Also at Church I used to wonder how they got the collection to God
I used to think that there was an agency consisting of only crocodiles that was out to get me.
Reply 12
I used to think that you know the end of the spice girls movie where they say hey you at the back wearing the pink dress (something along those lines) I was convinced they were talking to me haha and i told all my friends.
Reply 13
I was afraid of cats and I wouldn't go to the toilet alone in case one came and found me.
(We didn't even have a cat!)
I was completely baffled by why a person would get upset if their partner broke up with them. I just didnt understand the concept of love/emotions at all!
I thought my toys really came alive and spoke to each other while I was sleeping. Then Toy Story came out and confirmed my suspicions. :yep:

I also thought my teachers weren't real people with lives but actually robots that lived in the school permanently.
Reply 16
Hemera

I thought sales assistants would be very upset if you chose not to buy anything from thier shop

I still think this! (not through choice obviously) - sales assistants just make me THAT uncomfortable.

oh and when I was younger I used to think that if birds flew too high they would bump their heads against the sky. (I thought the sky was some solid ceiling).
- Everyone had a penis

- When you died you went up to heaven in a bucket :colondollar:
I thought that every country had it's own god in the sky.
C.C.G
Same, except it was spiderman running alongside and doing tricks.

Mine was a horse/dragon :P

Latest