The Student Room Group
I spent about £250 on my first year... and I'm paying around the same price for my second year :smile: I'm going to have a nice little collection of Economics and management textbooks when I'm through with university :biggrin:
Reply 2
I spent £110 on 3 books (well my parents/grandma did). There was a list of 10, 1 of which I'd already read, and felt it only necessary to get a couple. There are libraries for a reason.
In first year they cost me £250ish, second year around £180 - I shopped around ALOT and bought them second hand where I could, third year I've managed to only spend £50; buying one first hand and 2 second hand. Got lucky though, 2 modules don't require textbooks this yr yay!! xx
For my first year I spent around £160 and used most of them although there were one or two I didn't even open.

For second year I've bought book off the comp/prelim reading for each course and it has come to just under £40. :smile:
Reply 5
affinity89
For my first year I spent around £160 and used most of them although there were one or two I didn't even open.

For second year I've bought book off the comp/prelim reading for each course and it has come to just under £40. :smile:

comparative and preliminary?
I don't get the sentence either. How did you manage to come under 40£?
Reply 6
Four books for about £110, one more to go.
Reply 7
I spent around £100 for two module books, two dictionaries and a grammar book.
Lindath
comparative and preliminary?
I don't get the sentence either. How did you manage to come under 40£?

Preliminary and/or complusory. I bought one book for each of my courses from the lists provided and in total, the cost was around £38. I bought three of them second hand saving, in total, £40 off the RRP for new copies.
Reply 9
affinity89
Preliminary and/or complusory. I bought one book for each of my courses from the lists provided and in total, the cost was around £38. I bought three of them second hand saving, in total, £40 off the RRP for new copies.

Okay, thank you very much :smile:
I hope there are second hand-book offers from other students.
Going into my final year (geography degree) and will have spent a total of £6.99 on books. The library hasn't failed me yet.
Reply 11
I spent £0.00 on books and didn't visit the library once. Computer Science is fun, kids!
I intend on buying none
£200and something stupid

Most were ~£40/50 ....6 units. I got a couple cheap off amazon. What a waste. The course material my uni provided was enough.
So far I've spent none for my first year as my parents have all the essential books between them :colondollar:
Reply 15
my brother spent $410 on books. he's pre-pharmacy but in america he has to study economics/english/other things as well so it adds on.
Reply 16
some people spend over $1,000/year at my high school too (i work at the book store during the summer so i see the totals). it's ridiculous.
Nothing! I go to the library :biggrin:

Latest