Med Students - What were you asked in your interview? Watch

Coke Or Pepsi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hiya!

I was wondering if you can reminisce back to your interview :eek3: Those stressful days.

What were you asked? Did you stutter and ooh and ahh once or twice throughout the interview before you settled? What UNI were you being interviewed for? How nice were the interviewers?

Thanks
x
ShinyShiny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To put my trousers back on.
lotusx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i was asked in one if i knew what my name meant.
and no, i'm not being flippant
Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ShinyShiny)
To put my trousers back on.
i heard a story about a UCL applicant putting his feet up on the table once at interview, and answering only what he wanted to what an idiot!
Jessaay!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To take off my bra.

Spoiler:
Show
In all seriousness, there's a wiki page on what MIGHT be asked, us telling you isn't going to help you
zer0nis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All those A*s and you don't have to common sense to use the search bar ...
Moronic Acid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To get out because they were about to start interviewing people
beccy.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i was asked how my journey was at leicester and i think they were expecting me to say fine but it was horrendous so i launched into a full explnation and they looked a bit taken aback
Moronic Acid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zer0nis)
All those A*s and you don't have to common sense to use the search bar ...
Pretty much sums up this whole site tbh . . .
EmersonDrain
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was a tad surprised to be asked about the sexual habits of voles in the M25 corridor but it's all good experience :yep:
loveisjustasong
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:laugh:
I love the answers in this thread.
digitalis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Coke Or Pepsi)
Hiya!

I was wondering if you can reminisce back to your interview :eek3: Those stressful days.

What were you asked? Did you stutter and ooh and ahh once or twice throughout the interview before you settled? What UNI were you being interviewed for? How nice were the interviewers?

Thanks
x
Glasgow were really scary-like being interviewed in a prison. I remember feeling well awkward in my shoes but really keen to get to uni after them. They asked me ALL the standard ones (why medicine etc) and I remember having to really fake thinking about them before I boshed out my canned answers. Also asked me on my new scientist reading where I *********** an answer to a stem cell question.

BL interview, much nicer, turned up 15 mins late but they still interviewed me! I was much more chilled out, I had an offer from Glasgow and I applied thinking I wouldn't get any. Remember this 3rd year (now qualified) stretched out, head resting on cocked arm looking tremendously bored asking me what I would add to the union.
blip
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the people at barts are really sweet. you can tell that they werent just pretending to be nice like all the others.
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I knew the way to Amarillo.
Stanley90
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah like everyone says, Barts was the most relaxed interview with 2 guys, 1 who seemed to think his own experiences were more conversation-worthy than my answers . But I do remember not being asked "why medicine?" but they did ask "why Barts?" which is slightly similar but not very.

Kings: I remember how everyone told me I'd be fine because "there's a coffee table between you and the interviewers that's how relaxed it is!" but that coffee table makes no difference when there's 3 stern face looking at you and some interview standards person sitting at the side! That one was full of stuttering, they ask about w/e and one particular patient you remember from your w/e.

St. Georges: Panel of 3, one nice guy, one guy who looks like his family just died and one student. They asked everything they told me they'd ask in the pack they sent prior to the interview.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bank account number and sort code.
Blatant Troll
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
Bank account number and sort code.
Someone obviously applied to a Nigerian medical school :awesome:

Ahahaha. Ahhh. I'm actually Nigerian :sigh:
Ozzy91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stanley90)
Yeah like everyone says, Barts was the most relaxed interview with 2 guys, 1 who seemed to think his own experiences were more conversation-worthy than my answers . But I do remember not being asked "why medicine?" but they did ask "why Barts?" which is slightly similar but not very.
Barts Was definatly the best one. They even started asking about what Medical Dramas did I watch.
Stuttered and stammered so much through that interview.. Maybe they thought I had a speech impediment Haha
Liam 09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Blatant Troll)
Someone obviously applied to a Nigerian medical school :awesome:

Ahahaha. Ahhh. I'm actually Nigerian :sigh:
Lol !
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ozzy91)
Barts Was definatly the best one. They even started asking about what Medical Dramas did I watch.
Stuttered and stammered so much through that interview.. Maybe they thought I had a speech impediment Haha
Sorry to be asking this, but your signature says you're doing Mechanical Engineering, change of heart?

Curiosity gets the better of me sometimes :o:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads