i'm 17 and the last year have learn a lot about life, anyone else feel the same? Watch

chriscahill9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Yeah, the title pretty much says it all. Even though in life, obviously you never stop learning, I feel like I've learnt a f*** load in the last year after making quite a few mistakes and also just through general experience and maturity. The mistakes were very difficult to deal with at the time, but in hindsight what I've learnt from them has been very useful
anyone else feel the same?
blonde-beth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
god yeh. it feels now like i was a nieve spoilt idiot a year ago!
Playboy King
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Definately! I'm glad I made the mistakes I did at this age, now I know what to do and not do when I'm older...when the consequences are much worse. Mistakes are life's way of giving you a kick up the backside to set you straight :yep:
Arctic_wombaT
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yes when i was 17 i felt like i learnt a lot about life and became more mature; my morals and beliefs also changed a lot.
emilyjane_09
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah, my life has changed so, so much since this time last year too. Wouldn't change it back for anything.
starsdream2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yerp. I've learnt a hell of a lot more about me as a person and become more mature.
Cup of Inspiration
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chriscahill9)
Yeah, the title pretty much says it all. Even though in life, obviously you never stop learning, I feel like I've learnt a f*** load in the last year after making quite a few mistakes and also just through general experience and maturity. The mistakes were very difficult to deal with at the time, but in hindsight what I've learnt from them has been very useful
anyone else feel the same?

God yes, im almost 20 and i am a totally different person to who I was a year ago, much stronger, wiser and confident. When you're a teenager you think you know it all, when in reality- your life is constantly changing and learning
ashy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm almost 22 and feel like I knew nothing at 17.

No doubt the same will be true at 30. And 40. etc.
beatleboar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nope !! I am still as clueless as ever.
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I only turned 18 two weeks ago but yes, I learned so much more than I thought I would throughout the past year of my life.
JW92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think I've learnt a lot and changed a lot in the past year, and I wouldn't be suprised if I learn and change just as much this year.
I feel like I'm becoming myself but losing myself at the same time. Weird.
EnthusiasticEnthusiast
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Same, what a coinkidink
Xerophelistica
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Every year I think to myself "I'm a completely different person to last year", for the better I might add.
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I'm going on 19 and I feel I have learnt a lot since I was 17, but I am still pretty comforted and probably still know very little :p:.
the.white.rabbit
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JW92)
I think I've learnt a lot and changed a lot in the past year, and I wouldn't be suprised if I learn and change just as much this year.
I feel like I'm becoming myself but losing myself at the same time. Weird.
Yeah i feel exactly like this!...i couldn't have said it better....
Nfixlol
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah, definitely, a year ago i would never have imagined looking back at myself in a year's time in retrospect and thinking of myself as naive, but here i am doing exactly that

i definitely feel like i've grown a fair bit personally
PrincessAriadne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 19 now, and in the last 2 years, i've learnt more about life than i will for the rest of my time here .. been through more than most do in a lifetime ... but everything works out in the end, and i suppose i'm stronger for it
Kirsteneg
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
not really...actually a little.
Anon the 7th
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
nope
trixx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your grammar's still **** though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed