Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I walked into my S3 maths exam today to find that the examinations officer had withdrawn me from it!! In the end, she did let me sit the exam.
    But my question is, has anyone been in this situation (or knows of anyone who has been) and if so, can you tell me whether my exam script is still valid to be part of my a2 maths qualification???

(I looked on the faq section on the ocr website but there were no topics called "What to do when teacher has accidentally withdrawn you from one of your exams.")

Thanxx!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minnime)
    I walked into my S3 maths exam today to find that the examinations officer had withdrawn me from it!! In the end, she did let me sit the exam.
    But my question is, has anyone been in this situation (or knows of anyone who has been) and if so, can you tell me whether my exam script is still valid to be part of my a2 maths qualification???

(I looked on the faq section on the ocr website but there were no topics called "What to do when teacher has accidentally withdrawn you from one of your exams.")

Thanxx!!
    It wouldnt have been your fault, meaning that either your exam script is still valid, or the exam board will give you an assumed grade (according to your own performance in other similar exams).

thats what i have been told anyway

ReputationRep:
    I think you can be entered on the day of the exam so if that's what they did then it should be valid. Best to check though.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: my boyfriend wasn't allowed to sit a retake in january as the school hadnt entered him, even though he'd paid for it + revised for it.

damn school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shes_ellectric)
    :eek: my boyfriend wasn't allowed to sit a retake in january as the school hadnt entered him, even though he'd paid for it + revised for it.

damn school!
    Oh gosh, if that EVER happened to me, the whole country would know!!! This is the kind of situation that makes rioting a good thing :rolleyes:

power to the people

ReputationRep:
    due to my odd enrolment at college (funny mix of nonstandard courses) my name never seens to appear on anything. so when i went to sit and exam in january the invigilator just said well your not on my list so for all i know you could be lying to get your way into sitting this exam. why would anyone do that???? i argued with him for 10 minutes (time i lost from the exam!) and pretty much insisted i was allowed in.
    had to spend the next 5mins once i was in there though calming down as i was so riled up :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starstrike)
    i argued with him for 10 minutes (time i lost from the exam!) and pretty much insisted i was allowed in.
    had to spend the next 5mins once i was in there though calming down as i was so riled up :eek:
    Yep, sounds like what happened to me yesterday!
    Im gonna go and speak to the headteacher to see whether that theyve actually bothered to enter me. Im abit screwed if they havent. I need an A in maths to get into my insurance let alone my 1st choice uni.

ReputationRep:
    exactly! youd think when students have uni places resting on their grades from these exams, th teachers might actually try to help us by not adding to our stress!!!
    whatever happens hold the line that its Their mistake. my college tried to fleece me out of a late exam entry fee and an admin charge, about 58 quid!

ReputationRep:
    ITS SORTED! My scripts been submitted & the head's told me that shes sending off for special consideration as well, cuz the invigilator was quite disorganised and rude to me about it. Thanx for all ur posts guys, it really helped!

ReputationRep:
    I got entered for Foundation teir for GCSE Maths last year because of a mix up in the time table (I appeared on the register of both the top and botom maths sets and it was the bottom set teacher that enetered me for the exam) and was actually given the foundation paper in the actual exam but I got it changed for higher and it didn't matter in the end

On a slightly different note the invidulator (sp?) tried to get me kicked out of my Physics AS exams yesterday because he thought I was cheating by using a machine to contact people from outside college. The 'machine' was a calculator.

ReputationRep:
    Lol!

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend who had an exam clash which the Examinations Officer failed to notice.

She walked into her second examination only to be screamed at, called a cheater, and told she'd be removed from all exams in front of about 200 pupils. Nice. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My name was cross over in the list the teachers had for P3!!! But the teacher told me it was ok... I hope there is no problem about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minnime)

Thanxx!!
    Cadidates can be "written in" on exam day with approval of both exams officer and exam board.

Aitch

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.