A few Facebook questions..! Watch

Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey,

When people search me it says I have 150 friends, but then if they click on 'view friends' it'll say I have 155. I can't be bothered actually counting them lol but why is it giving too different answers? Pending friend requests don't count do they?

And..If I block somebody from sending me a friends request, is there anyway they can find out? Because I know when you send somebody a request, you can search for them in the search bar and they'll come up as if they were a friend, except it'd say pending friends request. So if I blocked them, would that still show up?

Thanks for any help!
Cupcakee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not being rude, but does it matter?
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Haha, the first one really doesn't but it's bugging me lol :p: And I just don't want someone to know if I block them, so I'm double checking first! lol
Maximum Velocity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
"When people search me it says I have 150 friends, but then if they click on 'view friends' it'll say I have 155. I can't be bothered actually counting them lol but why is it giving too different answers? Pending friend requests don't count do they?
" - Does it really matter :lolwut:

"And..If I block somebody from sending me a friends request, is there anyway they can find out?" - No ,
enigma373
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well if she's asking it then it obviously matters to her and as for your questions i have no idea.
ufo_01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
[QUOTE=Belle-x]Hey,

When people search me it says I have 150 friends, but then if they click on 'view friends' it'll say I have 155. I can't be bothered actually counting them lol but why is it giving too different answers? Pending friend requests don't count do they?

it should be the other way round.cos when they view your profile it says how many friends you have altogether but when they click view friends it will say how many friends you have that haven't got private profiles as it doesn't list friends with private profiles

And..If I block somebody from sending me a friends request, is there anyway they can find out? Because I know when you send somebody a request, you can search for them in the search bar and they'll come up as if they were a friend, except it'd say pending friends request. So if I blocked them, would that still show up?

if you only blocked them from adding you the add friend option should not be visible to them however if you blocked them completely then they cant find you at all
peaches6994
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
they won't know you blocked them.
headbandix
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's you are clicking all connections as opposed to friends it might be fan pages you've joined?
supercoolfred
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
because some people make it so they can't be found at all (i.e. don't appear in friendlists, can't click their name when they write on walls etc) so you have 5 people who are serious about their privacy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.72%
No - but I will (82)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (510)
47.62%

Watched Threads