The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Move into halls anyway, she sounds clingy.
Reply 2
Tell her to get a grip! Its your life and future, and you'll regret it if you break up down the line anyway! Its not like you wont be able to see eachother!
Reply 3
Well, you have to weight up making your course a little easier vs living with your girlfriend. If you want independence from her why are you even in a relationship?
Reply 4
mipegg
Well, you have to weight up making your course a little easier vs living with your girlfriend. If you want independence from her why are you even in a relationship?

It is possible to have idependance whilst in a relationship you know.
Reply 5
She's obviously really clingy. Move out anyway, and if she leaves you she's not worth it.
Reply 6
She won't break up with you over this if you've been together three years.
I'm guessing she's just worried that you'll get catastrophically drunk and sleep with someone else...explain that you won't.
But yeah, live where YOU want, no where SHE wants.
Reply 7
Twinston

I do know this but its not a good sign if you want to move out away from your partner is it?
Tell her that its your life and if she really loved you she wouldn't break up with yu other something so stupid. Do you even want to be with someone so clingy/protective? I'm actually quite shocked you're even considering this you sound pitiful and pussy whipped to some next degree.
Tha_Black_Shinobi
Tell her that its your life and if she really loved you she wouldn't break up with yu other something so stupid. Do you even want to be with someone so clingy/protective? I'm actually quite shocked you're even considering this you sound pitiful and pussy whipped to some next degree.

This.

What's wrong with people these days? Man up!
tim12387

advice?

Give us some more information.

Like how far is your university from where you live now.
She's paranoid that, god forbid, you might end up coming into daily contact with another member of the female gender. What does she expect, for you to live on your own being bored out your mind or move to a monastery, perhaps that might suit? She needs to grow up and get over herself
Reply 12
mipegg
I do know this but its not a good sign if you want to move out away from your partner is it?

Yeah he obviously shouldnt of moved in with her in the first place, which clearly gave her false hope!
Move out, if that's what would make you happy. She sounds clingy, domineering and insecure (I would imagine the real reason she doesn't want you to is because she's probably afraid you might cheat behind her back and she has no control over you)
Reply 14
Twinston
Yeah he obviously shouldnt of moved in with her in the first place, which clearly gave her false hope!

Well, they've been living together for 2 years. If all of a sudden your partner turned up and went "yea, see. I wanna move out and see you less because its 'easier' and i want the 'independence'" wouldnt it make you seriously question your relationship?
Reply 15
Twinston

Not with this girl apparently... :eek:
Too clingy I'm afraid...you shouldn't be with her even if this ultimatum hadn't arised, she doesn't sound like a keeper! Also, she musn't 'love' you enough if she's willing to break it off over something like this. Enjoy your experience, not only will it be convenient like you say but it's just better.
If I'm reading this well (and I like to think that I am) then I reckon she's bluffing and is only giving a false ultimatum just to get you to stay...when you tell her you're moving out it's the last thing she'll expect and the tables will have turned :cool: who knows maybe this sets her in her place and she accepts it whilst agreeing to carry on with the relationship.
Reply 17
tim12387
hi my g/f doesnt want me to move into halls at uni. we currently have lived together for 2 years and been together 3. It would make it easier for my course and i want the independance.
she said she'd break up if i moved but i love her and dont want to break up over it.
advice?

Sorry but sounds to me shes using you just for living wise for the entire years at university. No girlfriend would suggest to break up if you moved into halls...rather selfish.

You have to make a decision:

1) Do well in your course and have independance OR

2) None of the above and have your girlfriend instead OR

3) Make time to have BOTH.
Reply 18
How is that clingy? You've lived together for 2 years, it must seem to her like something is wrong if you're suddenly desperate to leave...
Reply 19
you should dump her, she sounds selfish

Latest