Nope, you are still the coolest American Ever! Period. :rock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicarabbit)
    but what about Bruce Springstein?? He's pretty cool :p:
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IS GOD!

*pounces on rabbit*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    I always refer to myself as "English". It is more accurate, and it is more appropriate because i can associate with the English far more than the Scottish/welsh/NIrish...

England, Scotland, Wales, and NI are very disctinct and individual countries.
    see what your passport refers to you as :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenyth!)
    Wooo - yes, go us! (we also have her on our coins and get a day off in May for Victoria Day! )
    heh where in canada are you?

i have lots of folks in and around hamilton, ontario

(Original post by technik)
    see what your passport refers to you as :p:
    i don't care, i like to associate myself as being english, not part of Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    i don't care, i like to associate myself as being english, not part of Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.

:dito:

Theres the added benefit of Americans falling in love with your accent instantly :rolleyes:

Eg. When i was in DC:

"ooo *gasps* is that guy English?" *girls all staring in amazement*

ReputationRep:
    then dont. the UK is one.

ReputationRep:
    Okay then. If there were no mpas and countries didnty have names, would there be patriots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    heh where in canada are you?

i have lots of folks in and around hamilton, ontario
    London (Ontario) so i'm not too far from hamilton.

(Original post by beekeeper_)
    :dito:

Theres the added benefit of Americans falling in love with your accent instantly :rolleyes:

Eg. When i was in DC:

"ooo *gasps* is that guy English?" *girls all staring in amazement*
    You stud!!
    Technic, i dont think you quite understand me, im English, not Irish, not Scottish, not Welsh but English, and that makes all the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwenyth!)
    London (Ontario) so i'm not too far from hamilton.
    cool

ReputationRep:
    What is there left to die for? The Queen? - no power, only symbolic, not really any use to anyone. The Prime Minister/Government? - Enough said. Society? - Chav culture and Little Englanders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    What is there left to die for? The Queen? - no power, only symbolic, not really any use to anyone. The Prime Minister/Government? - Enough said. Society? - Chav culture and Little Englanders.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: theres a word for people like you!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, which is?

(Original post by Kard)
    The Queen still has power but she doesn't use it. don't forget she is Head Of State, she could ridicule the Government if she wanted to.

3rd Biggest Economy in the world

Our famous history and Empire, and the love for my country..

I dont care what you say. I love England , end of story, if you dont like that then i dont care.

English and Proud!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kard)
    Haha, which is?
    Uhm... a SAUSAGE FACE! yeah thats right, a sausage face! :mad: :rolleyes:

(Original post by Kard)
    Haha, which is?
    are you English?

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate England. I just wouldn't die for it. Plus there is no Empire anymore, the only Empire we have is the European Empire, which we will soon be completly subject to.

ReputationRep:
    The Queen still has power but she doesn't use it. don't forget she is Head Of State, she could ridicule the Government if she wanted to.

3rd Biggest Economy in the world

Our famous history and Empire, and the love for my country..

I dont care what you say. I love England , end of story, if you dont like that then i dont care.

English and Proud!
    Exactly, we will not let chavs destroy our country, we much fight back.

*gets on phone to mafia*

England is a fantastic place to live, it is cultured, civilised (on the whole), you have rights, you have money, and you have big cities and rolling countryside. What more could one ask from a country?

(Original post by Kard)
    I don't hate England. I just wouldn't die for it. Plus there is no Empire anymore, the only Empire we have is the European Empire, which we will soon be completly subject to.
    are you English or an immigrant? or are you not English but Chinese, Asian born here?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.