Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicarabbit)
    where is your boy from? I'm too lazy to read all the posts..and CSI is on in 15 mins
    My boy is about 20miles north of me Into county Durham, he goes to university in the midlands...

hehe

*will drag him down to ldn*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    *hides in corner*

I thought you all knew!!

Grrrr *reaches for shotgun*

and thanks... :rolleyes:
    I knew...he and my luffer have crazy fun together while im not around :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I knew...he and my luffer have crazy fun together while im not around :rolleyes:
    :flute:

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of whoore-ing now and again :rolleyes:

*hides in corner*

I thought you all knew!!

Grrrr *reaches for shotgun*

and thanks... :rolleyes:
    i didn't know old chum!

i do now!

*Stands in way of the shotgun ready to be shot for stupidity*

Hope you become a good couple (With that That 70's show dude) lol dont know his name

Anywho guys

Im off!!!! good chatting peeps!!!

And Kard no hard feelings just a debate, that is all.

ReputationRep:
    Goodnite Flukey (another funny late nite lol) and nice to speak to you Beekeeper chat to you soon and good luck with that guy from that 70s show

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: thanks BB!

Night Flukey!

:wavey:

*gives Flukey a glass of milk and a biscuit*

(Original post by Blackmarket Boy)
    Goodnite Flukey (another funny late nite lol) and nice to speak to you Beekeeper chat to you soon and good luck with that guy from that 70s show
    yeah good speaking!! been very funny tonight! did make me chucle!

:toofunny: ahahahah even you say that guys from that 70's show. You my friend are a legend!!! :

Oh yes and goodnight lol :goodnight

ReputationRep:
    My boy is about 20miles north of me Into county Durham, he goes to university in the midlands...

hehe

*will drag him down to ldn*
    I say we all buy illegal fireworks and light them for the 4th of July

Cause I'm not going to be home for the 4th of July

I mean, thats the day my family has thier big barbeque and my father gets drunk and lights fireworks and my backyard porch accidentally gets set on fire

We have to do something along those lines that day...

(apparently kingy has a surprise for me that day...its probably him in american flag undies or something :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:

Night Flukey!

yeah i'll try and come on tomorrow to talk to you guys again

Night Flukey!

Night Bk!

*waves back* dont know little emotion code for the waving so that will have to make do lol.

*takes Milk and biscuit*
    mmmn my fav, thanks bk.

Good chatting mate.

You, BB and Jess are officially the coolest members ever!!! such friendly people!

ReputationRep:
    I say we all buy illegal fireworks and light them for the 4th of July

Cause I'm not going to be home for the 4th of July

I mean, thats the day my family has thier big barbeque and my father gets drunk and lights fireworks and my backyard porch accidentally gets set on fire

We have to do something along those lines that day...

(apparently kingy has a surprise for me that day...its probably him in american flag undies or something :rolleyes: )
    :rofl: now that would be a sight!

Let me seeee.... *opens up portable bomb kit*

Yup, that should do... ready when you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    Night Bk!

*waves back* dont know little emotion code for the waving so that will have to make do lol.

*takes Milk and biscuit*
    mmmn my fav, thanks bk.

Good chatting mate.

You, BB and Jess are officially the coolest members ever!!! such friendly people!
    night all!! im off to watch the season finale of CSI...its like Scooby Doo...but without the talking dog and more strippers

ReputationRep:
    night all!! im off to watch the season finale of CSI...its like Scooby Doo...but without the talking dog and more strippers
    Night Rabbit!

:hugs: sleep well.

(and CSI is big over here too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wagon)
    Umm, I would say that patriotism is the love of one's country. And that nationalism is the feeling of superiority of your country over another. The two are too easily confused; I don't think patriotism is a bad thing, or dangerous (after all, a country that allows us the freedom to consider these things can't be so bad, and supporting a state that provides us with a decent way of life seems like a good thing to me). However, it can easily lead into nationalism, which is a dangerous thing, in my opinion.
    Actually, the only real difference between nationalism and patriotism is that the former is the love of one's nation/ethnicity, while the latter is the love of one's country/state. A person can't really be a British nationalist or an English patriot, because there is no British nation or English state. Any country without patriots isn't going to survive for long, while any nation without nationalists isn't going to remain independent for long.

ReputationRep:
    Samuel Johnson said that patriotism is the last resort of a scoundrel. Ambrose Bierce- correctly- pointed out that it is actually the first resort of a scoundrel.

George Orwell tried to use nationalism and patriotism with the different meanings that nationalism is transferrable and is active and expansionary in aspirations whereas patriotism is a more rooted attachment to a prticular set of habits or way of life. There may not be a dictionary difference of this kind and I don't think you will find pure patriotism of that sort, but it is a useful difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    Samuel Johnson said that patriotism is the last resort of a scoundrel. Ambrose Bierce- correctly- pointed out that it is actually the first resort of a scoundrel.

George Orwell tried to use nationalism and patriotism with the different meanings that nationalism is transferrable and is active and expansionary in aspirations whereas patriotism is a more rooted attachment to a prticular set of habits or way of life. There may not be a dictionary difference of this kind and I don't think you will find pure patriotism of that sort, but it is a useful difference.
    Except that patriotism has existed for most of human history, while nationalism did not exist until a few hundred years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    I WILL DIE FOR MY COUNTRY!
    "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You would not tell with such high zest
    To children ardent for some desperate glory
    The old lie:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    "Dulce et decorum est
    pro patria mori" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    You would not tell with such high zest
    To children ardent for some desperate glory
    The old lie:
    "Lie" has to have a capital letter -very important!

Good old Owen

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.