anything similar to Nottingham? Watch

edmhaslam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I know Nottingham allows Economics students to spend a semester in Malaysia at their campus there. I've looked at countless other uni's but found nothing like it - everywhere else just runs the ERASMUS program which I dont want to do as I dont want to give up another year. Anyone know of a decent uni for economics which has a similar program to Nottingham - need an insurance uni with a similar program if there is one!
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you mean you're looking for a uni which has an exchange programme outwith the EU for economics students, then pretty much every university will have links so I'm not sure where you're looking. Edinburgh have around 20 exchange links as I just looked it up, so I'd check again at other universities in their international pages.

What's wrong with doing Erasmus? I just came back from an Erasmus year and it was the best year ever
markdr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
From everything I've heard, I can't recommend Nottingham's Malaysia exchange, especially for economics. I've heard the campus has a lot of problems and specifically to economics, what you probably don't realise is that there isn't an economics department, so you'll be doing mainly business modules and perhaps some economics-from-the-perspective-of-business modules in your semester there.

Loads of unis will give you study abroad opportunities. For a start look at the 4 UK Universitas 21 members (Nottingham and Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh) but there'll be plenty of others, depending of course on where you want to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.19%
No - but I will (38)
6.96%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.59%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (258)
47.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed