The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I have an orange simcard Rich but I think my phones locked to o2... I can bring it for someone else to use?!

As for where we go... yeah i agree about walking/talking on the way to HMB Co, that was good last time, get to know people :smile: otherwise I don't have a preference although like you say the buger place was cool last time! Somewhere a bit different too .
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
gillipies
I have an orange simcard Rich but I think my phones locked to o2... I can bring it for someone else to use?!

As for where we go... yeah i agree about walking/talking on the way to HMB Co, that was good last time, get to know people :smile: otherwise I don't have a preference although like you say the buger place was cool last time! Somewhere a bit different too .

Is this the one that's over towards the sea life centre?
RadioElectric
Is this the one that's over towards the sea life centre?

Yeah it's rightdown by the canal in Brindley Place... it's nice.
gillipies
Yeah it's rightdown by the canal in Brindley Place... it's nice.

Yeah, I went there the other week and it was pretty good.
I don't really mind where we go, except the burger place is kinda expensive if I remember rightly? And they're huge, I'll waste about half of it :frown:
Smtn
Next step is to enquire who is on orange. We need 8 people's orange Wednesdays codes if we want maximum savings!

I just rang pizza express, and apparently they can take bookings of up to 33 people - although I dunno if they can seat 15 of us at the same table.

Me and Nikki also thought about an alternative of going to Handmade Burger Co, as it makes paying for the meal a lot easier (pay as you order) and also allows for a nice chance to walk n' talk on the way to Gas St. It will be slightly more expensive (as no offers for it afaik) but potentially better, and the burgers are _awesome_. This is where we went for our first meet last year

So it would be cool if ppl have a little discussion about where they would prefer to go. On a more general note, I hope you're all settling into Aston fine and i'll hopefully see you all in 8 days

I'm waiting on a bunch of Orange SIM cards which will (I hope) arrive in time so if people have unlocked phones then we can create Orange customers for the day :smile:

You shouldn't tempt me with the Handmade Burger Company! Way too good to turn down :p:

I suppose where we go depends on how much people wanna spend the burger place does cost quite alot though to be fair, I've no idea how much pizza will be
Reply 107
Handmade Burger Co. is awesome.
Reply 108
I'm on Orange!!
im up for either i dont mind, but whats the final plan?? and where is handmade burger co? is it walkable from campus? and im on 02 too.
Handmade Burger Co is about a 15-20minute walk from campus. It's by the canals in Brindley Place (Broad Street).
Reply 111
Yea, but we will meet somewhere convenient first, because the walk is nice up there
Everyone - get in the facebook group!
Reply 113
Is this a JAM event?
Reply 114
I'm down with this if I still can?

Can someone provide an executive summary for me?
Reply 115
See first post, it gets updated with developments.
Nick_S
Is this a JAM event?

No this is just a TSR event. J.A.M is a separate Guild society which both me and firedeuce are involved with and is nothing to do with TSR. I just thought I’d mention it on here as someone was asking about Freshers’ events.
Hey guys, I'm going to have to pull out of this I'm afraid. Sorry :frown:
Reply 118
np, hope you can attend another this year
Reply 119
I will be booking Handmade Burger Co. tonight (and if full Pizza Express) so if anyone wants to amend their RSVP do so now

Latest