aberdeen university Watch

confused1991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I was wondering If members of this university can give me there opinions of the area and also the university,

Im thinking about studying engineering at aberdeen and i am wondering what the nightlife is like and also how the area is set out?

I currently live on merseyside which is obviously a huge distance from aberdeen and im just confused about whether it would be hard to live such a distance away from home ..

Thanks for your opinions
Keeno89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by confused1991)
I was wondering If members of this university can give me there opinions of the area and also the university,

Im thinking about studying engineering at aberdeen and i am wondering what the nightlife is like and also how the area is set out?

I currently live on merseyside which is obviously a huge distance from aberdeen and im just confused about whether it would be hard to live such a distance away from home ..

Thanks for your opinions
Search function is your friend! basically everything you mentioned has been asked in the last few months. As for how it's set out google maps! Union street is the main street so just type that in. 'union street aberdeen' then have a look at maps and streetview.

Nightlife -> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=979435
Reputation ->http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=20442943
How cheap/expensive to live here -> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=890139
even the weather :p: -> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1020570
wrappedups
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by confused1991)
My opinion is- do NOT let distance even slightly determine your uni choices!
An hour-two-ten... it doesn't make a difference!
Go somewhere you like. With a course you like.

Oh, and about aberdeen, I think it rocks. Im starting there in 5 days and have had a load of ace holidays there.
katiejane12
Report 9 years ago
Im starting at aberdeen uni next week and i've come from Merseyside aswell i wouldn't worry about the distance! Your still going to be able to stay in touch with everyone at home
Aberdeen is a lovely place been coming here since I was little and i've been told repeatedly that the night life is good!
You should come up and visit the uni it would be worth it to get a feel for the place!
wilko1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do many guffs go to Aberdeen?
Pryste
Report 9 years ago
Might seem like a stupid question... but what precisely is a 'gruff'?
Heather_Duncan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah what on earth is a gruff? I can honestly say I've never heared that one!
Yekim_8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd take a guess at posh people or according to the last bit of the urban dictionary then it's a ned. :dontknow:
Zedd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Guff to me is a fart...

"Come on guys, who's guffed in the kitchen?" *laugher ensues*
51andCounting
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought it was a fart aswell!

I'm just going into my 2nd year of engineering at Aberdeen and i've had a great time so far. Nightlife is awesome, most of the people are awesome, the Uni is awesome...so yeah. It's awesome!
Sv3tl1
Report 9 years ago
Hey you I've heard that studying at Aberdeen uni is very hard in comparison with other universities. Is it true or it's only a legend?? :P
Keeno89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sv3tl1)
Hey you I've heard that studying at Aberdeen uni is very hard in comparison with other universities. Is it true or it's only a legend?? :P
Unless cold weather kills your brain cells and makes you unable to think it's a legend...

It's basically the same as everywhere else. I haven't studied at any other universities but certainly for my course at least we are accredited by the GMC like every other uni so the courses must be similar in content

Oh and you like some good music. Darkest Hour ftw :p:
Laura_f_1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sv3tl1)

Depends what you find "hard". I studied last year at Abertay Uni (in Dundee) and coming up to Aberdeen this year I haven't found it hard, although I do find the method of teaching different.

For instance Labs.
In Abertay we used to get a demonstrations and briefed through the experiment, here we just read it in our own time and get on with it. I find this "hard" only due to my lack of confidence in chemistry.

However its NOT hard, its only going to be as hard as you make it. And quite frankly. I LOVE IT HERE!!!

=]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (414)
37.77%
No - but I will (84)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (523)
47.72%

Watched Threads